• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    If this law is reinstated what will this do to uspsa, three gun, ect. No more open or limited guns? I know there will be guns still out there but will it stop sti from making hicap mags also or is that somehow not part of the law due to comp purpose mainly?

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Depends if they grandfather in the hi-caps or not. If they dont, plan on every division only being able to have a 10 round limit.

You would have to set up every match as if it was a single stack/production match..

3 gun? I would probably find a new hobby. Wouldnt be enough room on my belt for all the mags you would have to carry.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They have special AR's produced to be used by junior competitors in California. They do not take magazines at all. You have to open up the rifle and push the rounds into the lower like when you load a bolt action. They also have very short pistol grips. pretty messed up if you ask me.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If they Grandfather Hi Cap Mags than it gets interesting, you'll have a existing population of shooters with the equip, but you won't be able to get new shooters except for the SS type divisions.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    The hi cap magazine ban is where Limited 10 came from. You could still buy hi cap mag tubes and rebuild existing mags if you used 1 part of the existing mag. USPSA did not change during the DARK years.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So the mag limits did not effect the divisions?
    Not last time.

Plus everyone hold on and don't surrender to a ban just yet. The news today should help and the truth is a ban won't make anyone safer. We all know that and we all need to hold the line keep using logic and reason and hope that it might someday sink in.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Not last time.

Plus everyone hold on and don't surrender to a ban just yet. The news today should help and the truth is a ban won't make anyone safer. We all know that and we all need to hold the line keep using logic and reason and hope that it might someday sink in.

:yesway:

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Not last time.

The people looking to impose a ban and take away our rights do not use the above to make decisions.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Not last time.

The people looking to impose a ban and take away our rights do not use the above to make decisions.

Keep bringing up the annual NTSB Highway fatality stats and ask why there hasn't been a big push to restrict airliners and automobiles, which kill far more people overall and generally in greater numbers at a time (airline accidents) than "gun massacres".

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

The banners are not the ones that we must win over. It is the common ordinary person with kids in schools that we must convince. Logic and reason should be enough for the people who want to do meaningful things to protect their children. It is going to be an uphill battle but the truth is on our side. We must do it one person at a time.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm hoping logic and reason win the day but it seems hysteria and drama have a pretty big headstart.
    Hopefully, they won't be able to get anything through the House.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    That ugly old witch Feinstein wants all grandfathered firearms to be registered and the owners checked out and fingerprinted and I do not remember what other crapola is on her list. Would make the next step of confiscation much easier. My gun acquisitions have all been legal. I have been fingerprinted several times for my gun permit applications. I am not a felon and most people would say that I am mentally sound. I do not want my rights to be trampled on by some old and nasty liberal who I am sure has body guards paid for by my tax dollars and will be taken care of by FEMA in the case of a national emergency. What kind of creeps and low lifes have we sent to Washington to represent us????

tgford58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    That ugly old witch Feinstein wants all grandfathered firearms to be registered and the owners checked out and fingerprinted and I do not remember what other crapola is on her list. Would make the next step of confiscation much easier. My gun acquisitions have all been legal. I have been fingerprinted several times for my gun permit applications. I am not a felon and most people would say that I am mentally sound. I do not want my rights to be trampled on by some old and nasty liberal who I am sure has body guards paid for by my tax dollars and will be taken care of by FEMA in the case of a national emergency. What kind of creeps and low lifes have we sent to Washington to represent us????

It is the Feinstein logic that we will be faced with next week. Read up on her. At one time she had perceived threats to her life at which time she got a concealed carry permit and carried a handgun. She 'surrendered' it when the threat went away. That hypocritical logic is the driver behind the proposed legislation. She feels if she doesn't have a gun then no one should have one.

Coach is right. The people that have no set opinion are deluged with media reports that demonize guns. We need to do as much work on bring the truth to those people.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I love how she has been writing this for a year, and waiting for the right tradegy to put it into motion. We all have our work to do. 10 million guns bought in the last 10 days tells me that a lot of people do not agree with this ban.

I would also suggest that we all email the President and Vice-President and make them deal with the numbers. They are not going to admit that they are getting this communication but down deep they will know. They are first and foremost politicians.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Keep bringing up the annual NTSB Highway fatality stats and ask why there hasn't been a big push to restrict airliners and automobiles, which kill far more people overall and generally in greater numbers at a time (airline accidents) than "gun massacres".

Sorry to thread jack, but I just wanted to state that whatever your arguments are, they need to be factually correct or it can blow up in your face. If their arguments are not accurate, or you can tell that they are "spinning" the facts, call them out. Your argument about no big push to restrict airlines is not true. Everytime there is an accident, they analyze the crap out of it and new regulations get put in place. Also, there have been no airline accidents in 2012, how many where killed in mass murders? Just playing devils advocate here.

Top Bottom