Asking Real Questions for Real Answers! Is there a Path Forward?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think the majority of you guys look out at the political landscape and see nothing but the Grand Canyon between two sides.

When I rode the bike out west, I went to the northern rim of the Grand Canyon. It was like 10 miles from the southern rim or so. took me hours to ride there.

Sometimes the gaps are not as big as we think but it's a lot more work to bring them to a common understanding than it is to yell over the rim into our own echo chamber.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sometimes, I wonder if it's because we want so much to change that we feel helpless to change anything?
    Who is "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket? One of the prime reason I loathe the left is because all they want to do is change everything. Not everything needs changed.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Who is "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket? One of the prime reason I loathe the left is because all they want to do is change everything. Not everything needs changed.
    Well. Lets start there then. What does not need changed?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You asked “why are we discussing Trump?” Well, it does not seem we can discuss Biden.... well, let me amend that. It seem we can discuss Biden, but only to disparage him. If a member, who voted for him, wants to discuss to positives of Biden, whether it’s agreed with or not, that is verboten...and considered “trolling.” That seems to be the gist of it at least to me.
    When did I say discussing Biden didn't make sense. I'm fine with discussing Biden and if he accidentally does something that benefits the backbone of this country I'll give him credit.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Like phylodog stated, I'm a conservative. I don't consider myself a "Trumper", I did vote for him though in both general elections. He wasn't my first pick in 2016. I think he did a lot of good for the country, economy, etc. The bumpstock ban was a big let down even though I've never owned or used one. He wasn't a hardcore 2A supporter and I wasn't thrilled about that. I feel like he was kind of neutral on it.

As far as a politician that I think represents me, I'd really have to think about that. Rand Paul sticks out but I'd just have to do more research.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When did I say discussing Biden didn't make sense. I'm fine with discussing Biden and if he accidentally does something that benefits the backbone of this country I'll give him credit.
    My response was a general one. I have not seen you offer opposition or disparage such discussions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think I can answer part of your question, but I will say I think the term RINO is overused. Reagan said we were/are a big tent party. Is Susan Collins my type of Republican, no. But if she is the most conservative Republican that we can get elected in her state, then she is better than the Democrat in many ways. I will continue to follow the Buckley rule, I will support the most conservative Republican that has a chance of winning. I also think the term conservative is overused. The media and some Republicans seem to think every Republican is conservative. I find that offensive to actual conservatives.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    To me, Rand Paul stands head and shoulders above anyone else in the crowd. As mentioned above, it seems he's much more of a rule of law kind of guy--maybe not as hardcore Constitutionalist as Ron Paul, but definitely still on the right side of that document.

Honestly, I don't see hardly any career politicians that really represent my views. My belief has for many years been that politicians have only 3 definable loyalties: 1. to themselves and getting reelected no matter what they have to say or do, 2. to their political party so that party will help them get reelected, and a distant 3. to those they are SUPPOSED to be representing and looking out for when they do the duties they were elected to do. I would say they're loyal to those lining their pockets, but I think career politicians end up getting so many different people trying to buy their favor that they have at the least conflicting loyalties and at most just don't even care so long as they can say whatever needed to keep the money flowing their way.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't think I can answer part of your question, but I will say I think the term RINO is overused. Reagan said we were/are a big tent party. Is Susan Collins my type of Republican, no. But if she is the most conservative Republican that we can get elected in her state, then she is better than the Democrat in many ways. I will continue to follow the Buckley rule, I will support the most conservative Republican that has a chance of winning. I also think the term conservative is overused. The media and some Republicans seem to think every Republican is conservative. I find that offensive to actual conservatives.
    People can't even agree on what a conservative is. Social, economic, religious....

I think RINO is overused, because as I have said many times around here, the ones running the Republican party ARE what Republicans are. People may not like it or agree with it, but that is the fact. Really it is the ones that consider themselves Republican and do not like the party that are RINOs.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You asked “why are we discussing Trump?” Well, it does not seem we can discuss Biden.... well, let me amend that. It seem we can discuss Biden, but only to disparage him. If a member, who voted for him, wants to discuss to positives of Biden, whether it’s agreed with or not, that is verboten...and considered “trolling.” That seems to be the gist of it at least to me.
    We've just been through 4 years of this behavior right here on INGO concerning Trump from you and others... It's only been 3 days for bidet... enjoy the ride.

tenor.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We've just been through 4 years of this behavior right here on INGO concerning Trump from you and others... It's only been 3 days for bidet... enjoy the ride.

tenor.gif
    Please don't mention Trump! It's a trigger word!
    Had no idea the majority position here had suffered so much over the last 4 years!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Anti big tech, anti government surveillance, pro gun
    That's the kind of responses I was looking for.

We here in Indiana are mostly lucky it seems to me because we are a pretty red state. I think in general terms those three areas would unite pretty much all INGOers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    People can't even agree on what a conservative is. Social, economic, religious....

I think RINO is overused, because as I have said many times around here, the ones running the Republican party ARE what Republicans are. People may not like it or agree with it, but that is the fact. Really it is the ones that consider themselves Republican and do not like the party that are RINOs.
    That seems to be the case. I think I would qualify as a RINO. I think Republicans should be strong deficit hawks and small government conservatives, no matter who the President is.

Top Bottom