Asking Real Questions for Real Answers! Is there a Path Forward?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    From CM: "This entire fiasco is beyond words."

In a special sorta way yep that nails it. So little of the last four years was happenstance. Turning left versus right into statism versus populism and then killing populism. Purely awesome to have beheld.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That list reminds me of the "twilight zone". It reads like a MSM/big tech distortion of reality.

*Sovereignty--Trump tried to secure the border in the face of dem opposition. trump put a 6 month delay on immigration from (not a ban) 6 of the 22 moslem countries because they were failed states, infested with terrorists and iran is the mother ship of islamist terrorism. dems fought that with suits, injunctions, and slander

*divisiveness--I'd give that point to you except that he didn't give better than he got. The obama admin and deep state even tried to organize a 'soft coup' and impeachment before he was inaugurated!

*"abandoned traditional allies"--like Taiwan, Korea, or Israel? Ok, he DID tell the EU states they had to pay their share of NATO costs...

"coddled our traditional enemies"--standing up to chinese abuse of trade relations; leaving that farce of the iranian nuke treaty and freezing their assets; deploying troops to support new NATO members: poland and the baltic states; sending actual munitions to ukraine as opposed to the blankets and MREs obama gave them; destroying ISIS. None of that sounds like coddling enemies.

*"admin rife with corruption"--There were some problematic people around trump, ie manafort didn't pay his taxes. So, you voted for biden because he's clean??? I assume you voted for obama too. Both biden and clinton abused their offices in the obama admin for financial gain. Worse, the obama admin was rife with political corruption. One example: using the IRS as a political weapon. nixon tried that. It was one of the articles of impeachment against him.

People on the left in the media and gov't are droning about needing to deprogram people. They need to start with the left
    The worst thing about the new software is I can no longer give +10.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why has this thread been allowed to go so far off the rails into being about Kut?

People bitch and moan in other threads when they don't follow the topic.

All I have seen Is answers to things he has stated. replies are not personal attacks, or am I mistaken.

I hope you do not think this post is an attack on you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All I have seen Is answers to things he has stated. replies are not personal attacks, or am I mistaken.

I hope you do not think this post is an attack on you.
    Oh stop it. You are mistaken.

I wasn't even referring to the usual :poop: with the usual suspects and Kut. I was referring to the thread about RINOs turning into pages of talk about gun control and how it is all the fault of those that voted for Biden. With some other threads there was lots of hand wringing and moaning about stuff like that happening.

As for the nonsense with Kut, it is really ridiculous the way some will dissect every word he posts and try to attack him for it. I don't agree with a lot of stuff he posts. I will call him on stuff when I don't, but I do not just attack him or anybody for that matter.

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Let me start by saying IMO Trump was/is an egotistical snake oil salesman who distorted the truth on many occasions trying to sell the people his vision of what could or should be. But the fact is what he was trying to sell is what the American working and middle class were longing to to hear and that was a return to the good old days of the 1950’s and 1960’s when the people could expect to have a high standard of living and job security. This period of time was when most Americans took pride in their country and what it stood for even though the society had it’s flaws. Would I want Trump as my boss, an in-law or a neighbor? NO. But with this said Trump in my opinion did more to help the middle/ working class than the last four presidents combined but that is a low bar to clear. Some of his actions and policies were flawed but I do feel he was actually trying to make good on his promises to the people who elected him. Now what we have left is the bought and paid for lackeys of corporations and special interests and the swamp they dwell in. A truly sad state of affairs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The 50s and 60s being referred to as the “good ole days,” is entirely subjective to ones familial background. The older people in my family certainly don’t look at it as fondly.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The 50s and 60s being referred to as the “good ole days,” is entirely subjective to ones familial background. The older people in my family certainly don’t look at it as fondly.

Re-read this part carefully...

people could expect to have a high standard of living and job security. This period of time was when most Americans took pride in their country and what it stood for even though the society had it’s flaws.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let me start by saying IMO Trump was/is an egotistical snake oil salesman who distorted the truth on many occasions trying to sell the people his vision of what could or should be. But the fact is what he was trying to sell is what the American working and middle class were longing to to hear and that was a return to the good old days of the 1950’s and 1960’s when the people could expect to have a high standard of living and job security. This period of time was when most Americans took pride in their country and what it stood for even though the society had it’s flaws. Would I want Trump as my boss, an in-law or a neighbor? NO. But with this said Trump in my opinion did more to help the middle/ working class than the last four presidents combined but that is a low bar to clear. Some of his actions and policies were flawed but I do feel he was actually trying to make good on his promises to the people who elected him. Now what we have left is the bought and paid for lackeys of corporations and special interests and the swamp they dwell in. A truly sad state of affairs.
    Too soon?

tumblr_inline_o71273OaYd1tm6cpn_540 copy.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Re-read this part carefully...
    He's right, though, Print

Sure, there were black people participating in the good union jobs in the industrialized north and they might have a bit of nostalgia for that; but they couldn't enjoy the middle class existence even if they could get that good job. They couldn't live where they wanted, struggled to get financing for a home in red-lined areas, couldn't necessarily patronize any restaurant or club or hotel that they wanted

For a black man I'm not sure there is a decade/generation that they would look back on as the 'good old days'. Some time periods would certainly be better than others, but none of them would afford them all the liberties we take for granted. No doubt just about any period after The Two will turn out to be better than what Biden has in store for us, but their experience has been fundamentally different from ours

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He's right, though, Print

Sure, there were black people participating in the good union jobs in the industrialized north and they might have a bit of nostalgia for that; but they couldn't enjoy the middle class existence even if they could get that good job. They couldn't live where they wanted, struggled to get financing for a home in red-lined areas, couldn't necessarily patronize any restaurant or club or hotel that they wanted

For a black man I'm not sure there is a decade/generation that they would look back on as the 'good old days'. Some time periods would certainly be better than others, but none of them would afford them all the liberties we take for granted. No doubt just about any period after The Two will turn out to be better than what Biden has in store for us, but their experience has been fundamentally different from ours
    Agreed.

However, I believe that President Trump was trying to assuage some of the sins of the past by making better opportunities and easing many of those wrongs.

I am certain that TDS sufferers will disagree.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed.

However, I believe that President Trump was trying to assuage some of the sins of the past by making better opportunities and easing many of those wrongs.

I am certain that TDS sufferers will disagree.
    Also agreed. But given the differing experiences for the different groups, I can see that some might ask "which America" when they hear MAGA, because they don't necessarily want to go back to the way some things were. I really think Trump wanted to lift all boats and make it OK to be proud to be an American again. To conclude he was somehow nostalgic for Jim Crow was nothing but rank character assassination

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    No.

The reasons are many and confusing but we are no longer worked for. We are sheep to be fleeced. By both party's. We have enough laws. Actually to damned many. Those turds up in the sausage factory are loosing relevance as to the peoples work. They exist only to fleece and redistribute to those that get them elected. And to those that kick back to them and the party.

Spend an entire session gleaning the books of irrelevant laws. Close the wasteful programs that only benefit a hand chosen few. Stop buying votes with our tax dollars. Stop any and all moneys going off shore. Period. Just stop. Then re-evaluate who we are actually helping. Term limits for every elected official period. Close down the alphabet agency's and re-evaluate their actual worth past generating revenue and writing law outside the system that was put in place to do so. Limit the POTUS ability to EO his way into power.

This is such a readers digest list.
    Amen!

Top Bottom