• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    I was asked to leave the Logansport Mall the other day as I was walking out of Dunhams from buying a new eotech 512 and some ammo. I was then approached buy some "half security", "half janitor guy" with a dust mop who told me firearms was not allowed in the mall and I was being asked to leave, (I just came from a few hours of range time with some of my Logansport PD friends of mine) I then identified myself as a police officer (Yes I showed Badge and ID) and was told, "only if I am in full uniform" I could be in the mall with my side arm on.

I requested that this mall security person call the mall manager and have them meet me on the spot to discuss this issue. (Thinking this guys has to be just blowing me smoke) So the person in charge of the mall walks up and I explain the situation to her and asked if this is how the mall treats all guest who carry a firearm and to toss out the fact for the moment that I was a police officer. In her very broken half English, half Spanish voice, I was then told that the mall does not allow people to carry any firearms in the mall and only police officers on duty, but they would "let me slide this time"

I then said, "no need to let me slide for anything". I then opened my bag and explained to the mall manager that the 429.99$ sight and ammo was going right back to the store for a full refund and I would never be back. I then explained to the manager of Dunhams why I was returning the items and that I will NEVER be back in that mall again. I have sent a letter to Dunhams Corp and the Company that runs the mall.....

So, Boycott Logansport Mall at all cost. :patriot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is april 2nd now so if this is for real I would only ask you, being LEO, how did that feel.
    A serious question asked in a serious manner. No knock on LEO just curious if this is the real deal. A lot of parody these days.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Their rules. Just because you are LEO doesn't make you better than the regular Joe.

I guess I forgot to add the line this guy approached me with, "Um, you cant have a gun in the mall only cops can have guns in here" at that point I identified myself as an off duty police officer, at no time did I imply to this person I was "better than the regular Joe" sir.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Is it posted up? I go to that Dunhams semi regularly when I visit family in the area and have never seen signs.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    It is april 2nd now so if this is for real I would only ask you, being LEO, how did that feel.
    A serious question asked in a serious manner. No knock on LEO just curious if this is the real deal. A lot of parody these days.

Yes, it is a real deal, I went to the Dunhams in Kokomo and bought the eotech from them, I did have a 20% off coupon that was about to expire so I got a hell of a deal lol

I will always stand up for the rights for all of us to carry LEO or not.....

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Is it posted up? I go to that Dunhams semi regularly when I visit family in the area and have never seen signs.

No nothing posted, if that's the rules for people in that area then they can have them, but my money wont go to the area again. No shock that 70% of the mall was empty with closed up shops.

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I thought these businesses had to have a sign clearly posted that says "No Firearms" My mall here is the same way, they do not allow firearms, but the only way I knew that is because one of my friends is a security guard there. There is not one posted sign on any of the entrances. Anyways, i think you did a noble thing by returning the merchandise, I would have done the same. All these places are doing is hurting themselves.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I thought these businesses had to have a sign clearly posted that says "No Firearms" My mall here is the same way, they do not allow firearms, but the only way I knew that is because one of my friends is a security guard there. There is not one posted sign on any of the entrances. Anyways, i think you did a noble thing by returning the merchandise, I would have done the same. All these places are doing is hurting themselves.

It's private property. They don't have to have signs to ask people to leave.

That said, you also have a right not to shop there anymore.

Also, I don't know much about the variations of Eotech, but I'll just leave this here...

Ships in 2 weeks - L-3 EOTech HWS 512.A65/1 Tactical Optic - $379.99 shipped after coupon | Slickguns

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, first off, thanks go to Cox7215 for standing up for everyone's rights.

Second, I'd also like to know if he has an address for their corporate?

I don't get that way too often, but I'm more than happy to contact their corporate and let them know I won't be shopping there any time I am in that area.

If they have a mall in my area, happy to not go there, either.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I love seeing cops get treated like regular people and not the elite kings men that most of society views them as.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I guess I forgot to add the line this guy approached me with, "Um, you cant have a gun in the mall only cops can have guns in here" at that point I identified myself as an off duty police officer, at no time did I imply to this person I was "better than the regular Joe" sir.

Go back and read your original post.

I was then approached by some "half security", "half janitor guy".

In her very broken half English, half Spanish voice.

You were informed of their policy and were asked to leave.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom