• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So Im in Cleveland on business. I was googling for the nearest Graybar to pick up supplies. I notice a pin on the map nearby. WTF?!?!

My grandma would take me there when I was little back in the late 70s early 80s. She LOVED that place. Even more than "Long John Silverfish" LOL

What are the odds are it sucks?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Last time I was in Denison,OH darn near all of the long gone fast food restaurants were still there. It had a Trechers, My sister said it was a test town.
    Is that Garfield Heights?
    That where she went to college.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So Im in Cleveland on business. I was googling for the nearest Graybar to pick up supplies. I notice a pin on the map nearby. WTF?!?!

My grandma would take me there when I was little back in the late 70s early 80s. She LOVED that place. Even more than "Long John Silverfish" LOL

What are the odds are it sucks?
    If I remember right, there was one on U.S. 31 South, down around the Stop 11 area when I was a kid. I think it was near Shakey's Pizza.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember the name. Don't believe I was ever in one. Not even sure if there was one near us. It was always LJS.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There used to be one at the end of the street I grew up on in Clarksville. It’s our veterinarians office now.

Maybe 15 years ago, I was in Hamilton ohio, and there was still a Treachers up and running there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember there was an Arthur Murray dance school. I never went there either.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    If you're in Cleveland, you will do yourself a great disservice if you don't get a gyro at Steve's Gyros located in the West Side Market and lunch or dinner at the Flat Iron Cafe.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was googling for the nearest Graybar

giphy.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Food was OK. Not great, but I dont feel bad for trying it.

And the manager said there are only 2 left. For some reason OH is the only state that they can get any traction in. Back in the 80s they had 900 locations. This is the newest at only 10 years or so. He said they are trying to open more sites.

I remember seeing a sign for one as I drove back home from DC from vacation 25 years ago or so. So I knew they didnt disappear completely.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I remember Arthur Treacher's from growing up in OH. Reminds me of riding a train in Japan and doing a double-take seeing a Lawson's zipping past. I used to ride my bike to one a half mile away.

If I ever find a King-Kwik, I'll assume I've actually died and the kid from the Bruce Willis movie hasn't told me yet.

Top Bottom