Arrested veterans in the back of a police van.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Whether the photo is from OWS or the shutdown is immaterial with respect to posters in this thread failing to grasp the nature of public property and the extent to which they are personally guaranteed unlimited access thereto.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I read it. In what way was my post not responsive? Do you genuinely believe that arresting veterans is morally equivalent to the war crimes described in Ordinary Men?

Did you not read my point in my response in post #20 ?
    Or, do you not understand my point?

Perception is reality.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Did you not read my point in my response in post #20 ?
    Or, do you not understand my point?

I read and understood your point, but it was a non sequitur. I don't contend that there is no such thing as a monster with a badge. The post you originally quoted was my response to a poster comparing the cops who arrested some veterans (i.e., the subject of this thread) to Nazis. Unless you believe that there is moral equivalence between the two groups Ordinary Men is not relevant to the discussion, no matter how fascinating a text it is, that is to say, "quite."

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I read and understood your point, but it was a non sequitur. I don't contend that there is no such thing as a monster with a badge. The post you originally quoted was my response to a poster comparing the cops who arrested some veterans (i.e., the subject of this thread) to Nazis. Unless you believe that there is moral equivalence between the two groups Ordinary Men is not relevant to the discussion, no matter how fascinating a text it is, that is to say, "quite."

Nice Latin, but my response does follow.

Using image association, when have we last witnesses images like the ones linked below?
    Gang of Atlantic City officers brutally beat man, release an attack dog to gnaw on his neck | Police State USA

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    So one **** head Officer on a motorcycle makes all LEO's bad? What about the Union workers etc that were in that pack? I have no problem calling out the bad but stop judging all by a few. And I forgot why I stopped visiting this site.

Because union workers don't have police powers. One bad LEO (and there was more than one in that incident) reflects poorly on every other LEO. You know that.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So one **** head Officer on a motorcycle makes all LEO's bad? What about the Union workers etc that were in that pack? I have no problem calling out the bad but stop judging all by a few. And I forgot why I stopped visiting this site.

I get what your saying about not painting everyone with a broad brush , I get that .

BUT , how many " isolated incidents " have to happen before we're allowed to call it a habit ?

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Because union workers don't have police powers. One bad LEO (and there was more than one in that incident) reflects poorly on every other LEO. You know that.
    So when a LEO saves a life why doesnt that reflect on every other LEO? Also I only heard of one Officer involved in the suv incident, what were the other Officers names and ranks

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I get what your saying about not painting everyone with a broad brush , I get that .

BUT , how many " isolated incidents " have to happen before we're allowed to call it a habit ?
    What percentage of Officers have isolated incidents? Isn't that the same as profiling which people cry about LEO doing? How many times do I need to pull over a red car before I came assume all red cars need pulled over?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is atrocious that since the government is shut down and has no money to keep parks and monuments open, that they are spending money to keep them off limits. Gates and officers cost money.

I was just following orders is a lame excuse.
    Close the ocean.
    Close the park.
    Close the monument.
    Arrest the protesters.
    Put them in the box car.
    Send them to the showers.

I was just following orders.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BTW it was the younger stronger Juden whoo dug the graves or cast the dead into the furnaces.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Nice Latin, but my response does follow.

Using image association, when have we last witnesses images like the ones linked below?
    Gang of Atlantic City officers brutally beat man, release an attack dog to gnaw on his neck | Police State USA

I seem to have forgotten that any INGO thread about police misconduct necessarily degenerates into a cop-bashing thread. My mistake was assuming that we were remaining on the topic of the officers who arrested the veterans. If this is just a general cop-bashing thread then yes, I agree that there are more LEOs who abuse their powers than I would like. Not a terribly controversial point I'm afraid.

How many times do I need to pull over a red car before I came assume all red cars need pulled over?

There is no number of times that makes this acceptable. This applies to both what you said and what you meant.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whether the photo is from OWS or the shutdown is immaterial with respect to posters in this thread failing to grasp the nature of public property and the extent to which they are personally guaranteed unlimited access thereto.
    My understanding is that the WWII memorial is an open air, ungated, unmanned exibit. Closing that and manning it because the government is shut down seems more a purpose of spite than necessity. And was it not built mostly with private funds?

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I seem to have forgotten that any INGO thread about police misconduct necessarily degenerates into a cop-bashing thread. My mistake was assuming that we were remaining on the topic of the officers who arrested the veterans. If this is just a general cop-bashing thread then yes, I agree that there are more LEOs who abuse their powers than I would like. Not a terribly controversial point I'm afraid.

There is no number of times that makes this acceptable. This applies to both what you said and what you meant.

It is regretful that you continually attempt to construe my responses as being not on topic, or as "cop bashing".

My responses to you were an attempt to explain why some individuals here choose to align police with "Nazis".

Yes, the original post is not related to what is currently happening in Washington. Yes, a curfew was violated. Yes, veterans were arrested. Yes, we do not have all of the facts.
    Yes, the image is striking.
    But, what else is clear, is that until there is a legitimate change in doctrine, mindset, and behavior, the gap between law abiding individuals and the law will continue to grow.

Clearly, the majority of people that are on this site are gun owners, and to be so are law abiding; if you believe that these conversations always devolve into cop bashing, please explain to us why they do.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My understanding is that the WWII memorial is an open air, ungated, unmanned exibit. Closing that and manning it because the government is shut down seems more a purpose of spite than necessity. And was it not built mostly with private funds?

If we don't invest money to make the government shutdown inconvenient for people... how will we be able to convince the people that we need the federal government?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Everything in Washington is built and run with private funds. Be it through voluntary donations or taxation.

If I gave you to the last penny the money to purchase a new car but the car is titled in your name, it's not my car and I have no legal standing to use or take it from you. This is why we need the governments permission to hunt, fish etc on government property.

Get the government out of our lives.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    So when a LEO saves a life why doesnt that reflect on every other LEO? Also I only heard of one Officer involved in the suv incident, what were the other Officers names and ranks

It does. And you should know that it takes 10 "Attaboys" to make up for 1 "Awww Cwaaaappp"

Another New York City Police Department officer has reportedly come forward and admitted that he was riding with a group of bikers who allegedly assaulted the driver of an SUV in an extreme case of road rage.This latest officer is a five-year veteran of the police force who began working in the Internal Affairs Bureau's command center about a month ago, according to DNAinfo, a New York City online news website.The Internal Affairs Bureau is tasked with investigating wrongdoing of NYPD officers and is currently probing those who were allegedly involved in the SUV attack, DNAinfo reported.The NYPD did not immediately respond to a call from ABCNews.com for comment. The officer has not been charged and is reportedly still on full duty at the Internal Affairs Bureau.On Wednesday, undercover narcotics officer Wojciech Braszczok, 32, was charged with gang assault, assault and criminal mischief in connection with the attack on SUV driver Alexian Lien on Sept. 29.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom