• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Why do you think this amendment documenting the natural right to defense was written?

To protect hunting?

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If nothing else, this kind of thing conditions Americans to see armed troops in the streets, and it conditions the troops to get used to patrolling U.S. neighborhoods.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Oh come on now! We all know whats going on, its just a quick hike threw a quite neighborhood to a Rally point DUH. Normal training before the natural disaster hits. You all are a bunch of worry warts.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If nothing else, this kind of thing conditions Americans to see armed troops in the streets, and it conditions the troops to get used to patrolling U.S. neighborhoods.

Yep. Heck there are many members on here that think it's ok as well. If there are natural disasters or civil unrest I can see it but I fear these maneuvers, along with the foreign troop training, have a different intended use.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I am curious....

If an exercise were conducted where armed soldiers marched through the streets of a neighborhood in Indiana as a drill while citizens took up armed positions on their private property, would the actions of the citizens be dismissed as a drill or an exercise?

ray d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I am curious....

If an exercise were conducted where armed soldiers marched through the streets of a neighborhood in Indiana as a drill while citizens took up armed positions on their private property, would the actions of the citizens be dismissed as a drill or an exercise?
    If they come down my street we will find out!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I am curious....

i'm not a vet so please forgive me if this question is stupid....... would we hear the missiles and helicopters coming?

jake

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    i'm not a vet so please forgive me if this question is stupid....... would we hear the missiles and helicopters coming?

jake

You will hear what you hear and see what you see.

Liberty demands eternal vigilance.

Last edited:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I am glad to see our government patrolling our streets. It makes them safer. In my opinion, we need someone to take care of us since we can't defend ourselves. All you hear about are unarmed civilians becoming victims to thugs with guns and never about armed civilians thwarting the would be criminals with a little justice laced copper coated lead ambien.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    The linked site has exceeded its bandwidth, so I'm unable to open the video. Are these regular Army or National Guard troops in Minnesota? Are they marching to an objective, or is the neighborhood the objective? 2008, U.S. Marines performed some pretty serious urban warfare exercises in Indianapolis. Seemed to be viewed quite positively by the community.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Question for current/past military members on INGO. If you received orders that contradicted the Constitution (which you swore to uphold), would you follow the orders, or respectfully refuse? I have to think that most US troops at least would recognize what was happening, but you never know I guess (yes, Germany went down that road, but they didn't have our Constitutional rights either).

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Refuse.

And be prepared to offensively back up that decision. There was name for this, while I was in 'Nam. The one giving the contradictional order became the enemy.
    Question for current/past military members on INGO. If you received orders that contradicted the Constitution (which you swore to uphold), would you follow the orders, or respectfully refuse?

Top Bottom