• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    They mentioned their estimate of total civilian owned guns in the US being lower than many previous ones.

Notable that this was an online survey of 4,000 people who opted in to a compensation eligible survey program. I can't imagine that would be a representative sample, given the propensity for many gun owners to minimize record keeping related to the gun ownership. There is a guy on here who thinks bear spray is a government directed gun control strategy. Someone like that is likely to decline such a survey.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I can't recall where, but wasn't there a lake/river where the police went looking for a crime gun and found several dozen ditched firearms?

on youtube there's a kid with a channel called "nuggetnoggin". He runs a metal detector in creeks and rivers and shows the stuff he finds. There's a vid where he finds a whole bunch of rusted out machine gun parts (receivers, barrels, etc).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lot of "estimated" quoted in that article. No accountability for how they developed their numbers that I read? :dunno:

All the same, this is the similar accountability that the libs/anti's use for their "87-90% of gun owners agree with universal background checks" bull:poop::poop::poop:.

----------------------------------------------------

For me, I've got a rifle, a shotgun and a four wheel drive...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    article said 3% of gen pop. see my back-o-napkin numbers above.

edit1: I see you got the 17 # from the article... not sure how they figured that... I figured 3% of pop = 9.72M. 133M/9.72M=13.68 per. Crap article doing what they can to make #s look bad? Junk stats are Junk.
    And rvb would be right, it was population.

Anybody attempting to peg the number of firearms is generally going to pull up trash numbers. We have a lot of info on guns produced and imported post-1968, but it gets spotty before that. This is in addition to personal guns being built. How many 80% lowers have been built up in the last eight years? How many AK flats have INGO members alone turned into receivers?

As well, there's basically no information on how many firearms per year exit circulation for whatever reason.

I've seen estimates over 400 million.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Think of the children, the grand children, where will they get guns in the future if not from you?

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Lot of "estimated" quoted in that article. No accountability for how they developed their numbers that I read? :dunno:

All the same, this is the similar accountability that the libs/anti's use for their "87-90% of gun owners agree with universal background checks" bull:poop::poop::poop:.

----------------------------------------------------

For me, I've got a rifle, a shotgun and a four wheel drive...

As we all know.... 99.8% of statistics are made up 86.3% of the time. :)::):

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If the liberals want gun equality they should just go buy some guns and catch up. Even better, the liberals should fund all of my gun purchases with no limits. That sounds like good liberal logic to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the liberals want gun equality they should just go buy some guns and catch up. Even better, the liberals should fund all of my gun purchases with no limits. That sounds like good liberal logic to me.

Well, gun offsets has long been an idea of mine.

Guilt-ridden liberals would send me money and I would buy their guns. It's a win-win-win.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    LRTcDGi.png

Top Bottom