• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    A recent test indicated I'm an AK-47. That, plus the fact that I'm a low-brow unrefined person, means I have to give my vote to the AK-47.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My AR wouldn't go bang for anything... I finally got it all worked out and like to shoot it. I have still not fired my AK. I keep collecting ammo and mags. Hope it actually works. My Mosin hasn't been fired in years, but it did what it was supposed to then.

Guess I have no favorite... but I still need to fire the AK, and soon.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    NO!

Which one is better?

ok then...well, today the AK is better since it was rainy and cold...tomorrow the AR is better because it is Sunday :D

Honestly, if SHTF and I was stuck in some isolated wooded area I'd be all about the AK; mostly because if it broke I could fix it with a rock, a piece of twine and a couple of sticks. Hell, somewhere wasn't there a video showing kids in a 3rd world country making AKs out of molten metal over a firepit?
    AK= an old reliable beat up pick up truck
    AR= high maintenance SUV like an Escalade or something...

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    1911 is vastly superior to Glock because......wait.... sorry wrong thread, wrong dead horse ;)

Seriously, "horses for courses" depends on requirements

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If your enemy is paper.... AR all the way!!!!:rockwoot:

^this^ :popcorn:

I like both platforms. I currently own an AK and will own an AR when the funds are available. The AR does edge the AK out in: accuracy, weight, and aftermarket parts. The AK can be an accurate rifle. If you take some time to dial one in. Plus they are like tanks. They can take more than the average person can dish out. So really it's a matter of preference. Do you want a sleeker lighter weight and more accurate rifle. Or, a fairly accurate rifle that can take a **** ton of abuse and keeps on going bang. Since I have owned my AK. I have put probably 1,200-1,300 rounds through it. Its life before I owned it I have no idea. I have not cleaned it since I have owned it. I would not want run that many rounds through an AR with out a thorough cleaning. They are both great platforms. So, it's a matter of what the intended use of the rifle is goiing to be. In a SHTF situation. Where I had to bug out. I would want an AK. If I had to do some precesion work at distances of 100 + yards. I would want a AR.

Last edited:

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    1911 is vastly superior to Glock because......wait.... sorry wrong thread, wrong dead horse ;)

No, no, no. .40 is better than .45 and 9mm because....

Oh wait, that isn't it either.

As someone said earlier: you ask a question that has no real answer, only opinion.

Inside of 300 yds, the difference between an AK and an AR, in the hands of someone who has seriously trained with his weapon, is the size of the holes they make when they hit.

As for me, I will stick with my :smileak:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    What fits you and you like the best. There is no one answer. Each to their own.

I have my opinions and the firearms I like, does not mean they are for everyone, but they fit for me and I shoot them well. That it what counts the most.

Top Bottom