• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm looking for some parts for my sbr build and I'm thinking I want to go with quick release takedown and pivot pins (DPMS lower both are .250). Are there any others that I should look at (I saw KNS)? Also thinking about getting a charging handle like the BCMGUNFIGHTER w/mod 3 (large) latch. Are there any others to look at? I see the SOG, BCM or the SOG one better than the other?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have heard that the BCM handle is really nice, but the large latch is a bit overkill, and gets hooked on a lot. Might take a look at the med size.

Don't have any firsthand knowledge about the quick release pins, but why? I mean I understand the concept, but if you have your rifle and can't get the regular ones out with just your fingers, chances are you'll have at least 1 round of ammo to poke them out with.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Don't have any firsthand knowledge about the quick release pins, but why? I mean I understand the concept, but if you have your rifle and can't get the regular ones out with just your fingers, chances are you'll have at least 1 round of ammo to poke them out with.
    I agree, why? Is there a reason?

The only thing I've ever put a quick-release pin in was my Sig 556. I replaced the front take-down screw with a quick release pin.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Not any real reason, just something to try.

As for the charging handle, I did decide that the large may be just a touch too big even though from seeing pics with the 3 and 4 stacked, there wasn't that much of a difference. I do know that I hate the standard charging handle after shooting a scoped AR in .458 socom. I've got big hands and a flat top with a scope and whatever charging handle was on it was a tight squeeze.

Top Bottom