Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Range toy project complete.

gO4eYq8.jpg

Hahahaha, I just went out to zero it today. It put down 1.5moa with a 10 shot group at 100 yards. I was about to fall down laughing.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My first Noveske, an early model N4 18" SPR 5.56 that I picked up the other day. Intermediate gas system with a factory pinned gas block and an 11" Noveske/SWS handguard. Sub moa shooter with Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP and Magtech 77gr OTM. I'll be getting different ammo for more testing. Currently has a Geissele SSA-E trigger and Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 glass. The flash hider has been replaced with a QD mount for my suppressor. I plan to spend a lot of time with this rifle.

attachment.php

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My first Noveske, an early model N4 18" SPR 5.56 that I picked up the other day. Intermediate gas system with a factory pinned gas block and an 11" Noveske/SWS handguard. Sub moa shooter with Hornady Frontier Match 62gr BTHP and Magtech 77gr OTM. I'll be getting different ammo for more testing. Currently has a Geissele SSA-E trigger and Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 glass. The flash hider has been replaced with a QD mount for my suppressor. I plan to spend a lot of time with this rifle.

attachment.php

Black & Tan! As fun to shoot as it is to drink!

:cheers:

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    My Sugar Weasel w/ Sparc II, MBUS and AFG (although I may change out the AFG)

Trash Panda is in jail at Michiana... Just waiting out the wait.

IMG_8057.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nods don't let you get a low cheek weld

It's not only that, it's becoming more common because it lets you keep your head more upright. It's basically the new tend.

Almost like carry handle mounting optics isn't so silly afterall! Russians have preferred to keep their optics high all this time as well for similar reasons.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's not only that, it's becoming more common because it lets you keep your head more upright. It's basically the new tend.

Almost like carry handle mounting optics isn't so silly afterall! Russians have preferred to keep their optics high all this time as well for similar reasons.

They are still silly if you aren't using nods on an ar15. Aks have always had super high optics out of dust cover access necessity.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Finished up the most recent build. Waiting on the red dot to arrive yet. 10.5" in 450 bushmaster. Close quarters thumper.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Putting together a new pistol in .300BLK.

Aero upper and lower
    Tactical Kinetics 7.5in barrel
    Aero S-One handguard
    SB Tactical PDW brace
    PSA MOE LPK
    DD fixed irons

Debating whether or not I want to pull the Romeo 5 off of my 10.5 5.56 or go with a different optic for this build.

What are your preferred high value/budget optics for an AR pistol build?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Putting together a new pistol in .300BLK.

Aero upper and lower
    Tactical Kinetics 7.5in barrel
    Aero S-One handguard
    SB Tactical PDW brace
    PSA MOE LPK
    DD fixed irons

Debating whether or not I want to pull the Romeo 5 off of my 10.5 5.56 or go with a different optic for this build.

What are your preferred high value/budget optics for an AR pistol build?

In the world of red dots, typically Holosun, Primary Arms or the Romeo5. Romeo5 is my go-to. I have 4 of them and they haven't let me down yet. I specifically prefer the model with both high & low mounts that are available for around $120.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    In the world of red dots, typically Holosun, Primary Arms or the Romeo5. Romeo5 is my go-to. I have 4 of them and they haven't let me down yet. I specifically prefer the model with both high & low mounts that are available for around $120.
    I'm very happy with mine given the price point, and may just pick up another one. Also considering a LVPO, but haven't looked into too may options there yet.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I'm very happy with mine given the price point, and may just pick up another one. Also considering a LVPO, but haven't looked into too may options there yet.

Scopelist has .300BLK Nikon 2-7x for $99 right now. Mine will be here tomorrow (and my mount from elsewhere hasn't even shipped yet sadly) so I don't know anything about it yet. First 2-7x.

For a 1-6x, my Swampfox Arrowhead is shaping up nicely. Ran it at the range once, need more purposeful trigger time to really give an opinion, so far it's fantastic.

I can't do dots except for a prism (astigmatism), Vortex Spitfire is really nice and I've a lot of time on that one.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Scopelist has .300BLK Nikon 2-7x for $99 right now. Mine will be here tomorrow (and my mount from elsewhere hasn't even shipped yet sadly) so I don't know anything about it yet. First 2-7x.

For a 1-6x, my Swampfox Arrowhead is shaping up nicely. Ran it at the range once, need more purposeful trigger time to really give an opinion, so far it's fantastic.

I can't do dots except for a prism (astigmatism), Vortex Spitfire is really nice and I've a lot of time on that one.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    I was looking at the Nikon. I really like the rimfire scope we have on one of the 10/22s, however am a bit hesitant to purchase a scope specifically for a particular caliber. Given that price though (roughly $50 less than what I was seeing), I may have to give it a try.

I'm in the same boat with astigmatism, however haven't run into an issue with the Romeo. I've noticed a bit of flare from my AT3 on the other 10/22.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom