AOL Carry in Nat'l Parks poll/asinine article...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Voted

2y8Z

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    What do you think of the new rule allowing guns in national parks?
    It's a good idea 58%
    It's a bad idea 40%
    Not sure2%

Total Votes: 9,537

Do you plan to carry a gun at national parks?
    Yes 51%
    No 41%
    Undecided 5%
    I don't visit national parks 3%

Total Votes: 9,127

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What do you think of the new rule allowing guns in national parks?
    It's a good idea59% It's a bad idea39% Not sure2%

Total Votes: 9,693

Do you plan to carry a gun at national parks?
    Yes52% No40% Undecided5% I don't visit national parks3%

Total Votes: 9,272

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I love the logic they use to argue against it. "well my chances of being a victim is less than it used to be, so, I'll just blindly go without any means of protection". WOW! I've never felt threatened by a person while in a national park, but myself and my then girlfriend were surprised by a medium sized Black bear a few years back in the Smokies. Luckily, it had no interest in us, and continued on it's way. I had my dads old K-bar on me, but that was a fight I really didn't want.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    I know I'll feel safer in national parks knowing there are likely armed law-abiding citizens about (especially since I'll be one of them!)

I don't know why these antis keep posting gun polls on the Internet. They always backfire on them. Maybe they are still convinced that gun owners are all just a bunch of ignorant rednecks that don't even know what a computer is. Obviously, they are wrong (about a lot of things).

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    "soon anyone with a permit will be able to shoulder a shotgun as they watch Old Faithful erupt"

"Along the rim of the Grand Canyon, rifle-toting visitors will stand next to unarmed tourists from abroad."

"A new rule in effect Monday will end nearly a century-old ban on firearms in America's national parks and wildlife refuges. Visitors can bring concealed, loaded guns with them on vacation if they are legal under the laws of the state they are in."

Why does this group of people always claim they are the smart "book readers" and we are the stupid rednecks? How stupid is a person who thinks someone can conceal a rifle with an 16" BARREL or a shotgun with an 18" BARREL into national parks? That really says all I need to know about the author.

This got me thinking, why don't car dealerships keep their cars behind the counter like Gun stores? What is to stop people from walking out of these dealerships with a brand new Mustang in their pocket?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "soon anyone with a permit will be able to shoulder a shotgun as they watch Old Faithful erupt"

"Along the rim of the Grand Canyon, rifle-toting visitors will stand next to unarmed tourists from abroad."

"A new rule in effect Monday will end nearly a century-old ban on firearms in America's national parks and wildlife refuges. Visitors can bring concealed, loaded guns with them on vacation if they are legal under the laws of the state they are in."

Why does this group of people always claim they are the smart "book readers" and we are the stupid rednecks? How stupid is a person who thinks someone can conceal a rifle with an 16" BARREL or a shotgun with an 18" BARREL into national parks? That really says all I need to know about the author.

This got me thinking, why don't car dealerships keep their cars behind the counter like Gun stores? What is to stop people from walking out of these dealerships with a brand new Mustang in their pocket?

I took this to mean that the author was citing three separate "problems";
    Shotguns, rifles, and concealed handguns.

Obviously, if it is shouldered, the shotty would not be concealed.

In no way does any of this speak to the intelligence or lack of bias on the author's part, only to the lack of the first and presence of the second.

IOW, she's an idiot.

Blessings,
    Bill

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    thats a she? seriously that picture is a she???

Andrea Stone

AOL News

Andrea%20Stone_t.jpg

Andrea Stone (Washington). Andrea is senior Washington correspondent at AOL, leading coverage in the nation’s capital for its soon-to-be relaunched general news site. Before joining AOL in September 2009, she spent nearly 24 years at USA Today, most recently as a national correspondent, where her assignments included national politics, Congress, the military and foreign events. She has reported from 47 states and more than two dozen countries, including three trips to Iraq and two to Afghanistan, and she covered the Sept. 11 attack on the Pentagon. Before joining USA Today, she was a reporter for the Gannett News Service and at newspapers in New York, Florida and Illinois.
    Walt Whitman High School presentations on March 6, May 28, and October 9, 2009.

You know you want her. LOL

Top Bottom