• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I promised to help a friend of my Dad's and his son get squared away wit their rifles before they go out west on an elk hunt this fall. I'm looking for a range that we can use and I can coach them. Was just looking at the Bass & Bucks website but they don't provide a lot of info on their range.

Would they allow three or four people on a "lane"? Is it so busy that we would have a tough time hearing each other talk? What do they charge to use the range?

Just trying to determine if it would be a decent location to try and work with these guys.

TIA

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Give them a call 260-569-1853 and ask them your questions. They would be glad to answer any of your questions. They are closed on Tuesday and Wednesday still for their summer hours. They are nice to work with.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Is their firing line still not parallel with the target line? Last time I was there...( a couple of years ago ) the north end of the firing line was about 15 yards in front of the south end.....

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You'll like Bass n Bucks....steel gongs at the 350, 540 an 740 yds. When its dry you can drive back to the farther ones to put up targets. No range master, your on your own. Put your flag up when going down range. Last time I was there a couple guys there alone went down range an didn't put the flags up....not good but I spotted their rifles an let the other guys that came know they were down there....also I have been shooting an looked down an seen people walking down to there targets while we were firing without putting up their flags or getting anyones attention....STUPID. With no range master you have to watch out for the guys that have NO COMMON SENSE. I've met some great guys down there, the fee is 10.00 an hour or 15.00 for the day....they have nice bench tables to shoot from also, as soon as my hayfever is over I'll be heading down again.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I've been there once, it's a nice place! I would like to get back out there sometime soon. Met a real cool guy out there who let me fire his tack driver of a rifle some crazy long distance. The guy was cool as hell (and yes, I hit the gong even!) and so was the attitude there. Lots of bow stuff too if that's your thing, might as well pick up an Athens bow while you are out there! :)

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    last week 8/19/2011

Nice place ,10.00 hour 50.00 day .Call first to make sure no shooting match going on.

Top Bottom