• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Have someone wanting to possibly trade a case of the Armscor standard velocity .22lr but I have no experience shooting it.

I usually only run Federal and CCI, does anyone have any experience running the Armscor stuff? How does it run through a pistol? rifle?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I've shot probably a couple hundred through my bolt action Savage MKII. It was just as good as any other cheap ammo I've tried in terms of accuracy. I've had extraction/feeding issued with some ammo in that rifle, but armscor was gtg, so with the price, it's become one of the brands I stockpile.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a few boxes of it in the past and don’t really remember anything awful about it. Like others have said it went bang but nothing stands out. If other ammo was available I would probably buy the other stuff first.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have used some in the past. Went bang but more dirty than higher quality ammo.(CCI, Federal, Eley, even Aguila, etc)

Basically comes down to, you get what you pay for. It's low end 22lr ammo

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I crush through boxes of Armscor. The only time I don't use Armscor .22lr is when I'm hunting and want something cleaner and more consistent. Dirtiness on par with Aguila, but I think you can get better performance out of it. It's like the bare minimum I'd shoot with suppressors.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'll echo other's experience. It's not great but it's not the worst thing out there. I'd say it's significantly better than the bucket-o-bullets just because the packaging doesn't destroy any chance of accuracy.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    It gums up a Smith 617 really badly. I think the coating they use on the bullets plugs the cylinder. After 6-8 full cylinders, the rounds need to be pressed in pretty hard.

It's fine ammo, dirty and gummy but it works and it's cheap. I have a lot of it.
    This is the same thoughts I have on it. I try not to shoot much of it because i found it to be smoky, dirty and gummy. It worked for me but other brands don't have those issues.

Top Bottom