• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My favorite place for sushi in Imdy is Sushi Club. It's on the west side by Ben Davis High School on 10th Street. They have an all you can eat option for weekdays at $19.99 and weekend menu for $21.99. Made to order and "eat until you happy".

It makes Sushi on the Rocks taste like garbage. Go for the weekend all you can eat no matter the day/hour. Their best rolls are on it. I typically will eat nothing until mid-afternoon and go to polish off 6 rolls and then I'm too fully to meat anything the rest of the night.

Sushi Club is the best combo of value/quality for Sushi in the City. There are joints with BETTER sushi, but you are going to pay at least twice what you would at Sushi Club.

mmmmm I am getting a craving :D

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Love It!

Some of my plates over the last few months:

3915D1ED-4998-4F18-9EDC-E2AC1DB1DCF7-675-0000012E08C3F735.jpg

A5E07483-5637-43E8-A9BE-ACA911780B57-675-0000012E2D7FA16A.jpg

86E559A5-DB86-456C-8E9C-4CA59CE87B5E-675-0000012E40032A28.jpg

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Sashimi (the fish) that we enjoy in the USA is not true sashimi as the Japanese enjoy it, .GOV mandated that to me sold as such it must be frozen in a deep freeze for 90 days to kill bactera and parasites

That being said, try the unagi. It's braised (cooked) freshwater eel, and you call tell people you ate dragon (japanese unagi = dragon

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sashimi (the fish) that we enjoy in the USA is not true sashimi as the Japanese enjoy it, .GOV mandated that to me sold as such it must be frozen in a deep freeze for 90 days to kill bactera and parasites

That being said, try the unagi. It's braised (cooked) freshwater eel, and you call tell people you ate dragon (japanese unagi = dragon

Agreed, Unagi is amazing!

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I felt the same way years ago. I used to make fun of my wife and her sister every time they ordered sushi, then layered on the flavorful sauces. Used to tease them that they like the sauces, not the raw fish.

Then one day, my sister came to town, and we ate at Tegry Bistro in Brownsburg. Oh Em Eff Gee.

If you've ever caught trout or lake perch, and cooked it on the shore for lunch, you know how much flavor fresh fish can have. It's night and day compared to flash-frozen fish. Well, sushi is just that. 100% pure flavor, without losing the omega oils to cooking. I love all sushi/sashimi/unagi... you name it.

Just give it a try.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Depends on how you define sushi

Sushi:
    A staple rice dish of Japanese cuisine , consisting of cooked rice flavored with vinegar and a variety of vegetable, egg, or raw seafood garnishes, usually served cold.

Types of Sushi:

Nigiri:
    a piece of raw fish (or other topping) on top of a small oblong brick of sticky white rice.

Sashimi:
    A Japanese dish of bite-sized pieces of raw fish eaten with soy sauce and wasabi paste

Maki:
    The traditional "roll", usually wrapped in seaweed, sometimes in rice paper, and sometimes "inside out"

There are more, but does that help?

:D

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i like sushi..i like most seafood, and started eating sushi five or six years ago....one of my favorites is salmon nigiri (just a small cut of raw salmon on top of rice) and i know it seems like itd be gross, but it is really amazing

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    i like sushi..i like most seafood, and started eating sushi five or six years ago....one of my favorites is salmon nigiri (just a small cut of raw salmon on top of rice) and i know it seems like itd be gross, but it is really amazing

I had a friend that hated fish, but loved sushi. Once fish was cooked it lost all its flavor, except for the fishyness for her. She tried sushi and was hooked by the freshness and flavor.

DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    Try it without wasabi first. Sushi's great and all but I encourage exploring cooked Japanese food as well. I've never actually had Japanese food in America though. That's my :twocents:

Top Bottom