• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I scanned through this thread and I HOPE the mods find it and close it.

all I have to say is.... :puke:

We are aware of the thread (well, at least I am!) and you'll notice it's still open. :D Like so many other things, if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to eat it (or read it.)

FWIW, though, a good "intro" I've found is the cooked shrimp atop a small rectangle of sticky rice. It's sushi, but in a form I think most of us Americans would not have any objection to eating.

I'm with you when they add in avocado or wasabi, though. Those of you who like that stuff, I'll only say お食事をお楽しみ下さい

Blessings,
    Bill

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Really fresh sushi (I like nigiri-raw fish on rice-brown rice would be better) has subtle flavors of the fresh fish. Tuna and salmon are my favorite. As others have stated, mix some wasabi with soy sauce then dip sushi in it. Cover with some pickled ginger and you share the flavor of the gods. The intense spice overpowers the fish if that's what you want to do. After awhile you can back off on the wasabi and taste the mild fish flavors. A couple of Marsh stores carry sushi made by the chef from Eli Lilly. He makes some really good stuff. After awhile, sushi eating makes you have liberal thoughts. Wine is next, then gun control....

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    New place in Plainfield (can't recall the name) is great..
    Also Sushi on the rocks relocated from downtown to the northside and is equally good!

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    It tastes completely different than you may think it will. Id recommend some of the rolls. Like a california roll or Philly roll. These have just a little fish in them and are a great way to test the water.
    I have introduced several people to sushi and sashimi and everyone that has tried it has liked it.
    You will discover a whole new set of tastes and taste buds that you typically dont experience with western food.

Japenese food is all about subtle tastes and texture. So to truly enjoy it I always recommend that people have water or hot tea with the meal, dont over do it with soy and wasabi, and most important of all slow down and enjoy it!
    Its not meant to be ate in a hurry.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I like to put a good sized chunk of wasabi on it then pour the soy sauce over it.

If the wasabi is good then I can't breath for a few seconds but, boy, does it do a great job cleaning my sinuses out!

Regards,

Doug

PS - Maybe we ought to do a sushi meetup?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive never tried raw sushi. Ive tried cooked sushi and It was freaking awesome. Kubuto's in Greenwood is the best Ive had. But then again I dont go out to eat much.

Im still trying to work up the courage to try raw sushi.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ive never tried raw sushi. Ive tried cooked sushi and It was freaking awesome. Kubuto's in Greenwood is the best Ive had. But then again I dont go out to eat much.

Im still trying to work up the courage to try raw sushi.

When you do try it, you will be amazed. It is NOT fishy at all. Raw fish has a smooth, light almost delicate flavor. Cooking it actually brings out the "fishiness"

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    When you do try it, you will be amazed. It is NOT fishy at all. Raw fish has a smooth, light almost delicate flavor. Cooking it actually brings out the "fishiness"

That is what Ive been told. Its not that I dont belive it. Its just a psychological thing about eating raw food Im fighting.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    This thread makes me hungry. I love sushi. The fancy rolls (dragon rolls, shrimp tempura, soft shell crab) and nigiri! So good. My favorite place is Sakura on Keystone and 71st street.

Plan to check out Sushi Club by Ben Davis though...the all you can eat has me very interested.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    This thread makes me hungry. I love sushi. The fancy rolls (dragon rolls, shrimp tempura, soft shell crab) and nigiri! So good. My favorite place is Sakura on Keystone and 71st street.

Plan to check out Sushi Club by Ben Davis though...the all you can eat has me very interested.

Never been there, but I'd say anyone that enjoys sushi anywhere in Indy that has been elsewhere won't ever go back once they realize they can get all you can eat of this quality for the price of 2 rolls elsewhere.

I'm just thankful it's completely on the opposite side of town-otherwise it'd be a weekly trip for me.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Ingo you just lost your man card for this thread...

Need 3 new bacon threads by sun up or it will be permanently revoked.

Brb, gonna throw up again.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    To All,

I like to put a good sized chunk of wasabi on it then pour the soy sauce over it.

If the wasabi is good then I can't breath for a few seconds but, boy, does it do a great job cleaning my sinuses out!

Regards,

Doug

PS - Maybe we ought to do a sushi meetup?

I prefer not to cover up the great taste of sushi with a big salt injection. Wasabi only for me.

Top Bottom