Indiana

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There will always be an attack on crypto so long as it competes as a currency against the powers that be. Old money in high places doesn't want to lose any purchasing power.
    It's not that it's crypto, it's that these exchanges are rife with fraud. Plain and simple.

People aren't using it for (legal) commerce, it's just a new way to speculate.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's not that it's crypto, it's that these exchanges are rife with fraud. Plain and simple.

People aren't using it for (legal) commerce, it's just a new way to speculate.
    Crypto has been largely speculative for all but a small percent of investors since day 1. Very few out there really understand what crypto is and how it works, but most people are willing to drop a couple bucks hoping it'll go crazy high like what happened to bitcoin. I think 99% of people investing in crypto are hoping for an overnight "get rich quick" even that sets them up for life.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

A 12-member jury in Manhattan federal court convicted him on all seven counts he faced after a monthlong trial in which prosecutors made the case that he stole $8 billion from the exchange's customers out of sheer greed. The verdict came just shy of one year after FTX filed for bankruptcy in a swift corporate meltdown that shocked financial markets and erased his estimated $26 billion personal fortune.

The jury reached the verdict after just over four hours of deliberations. Bankman-Fried, who had pleaded not guilty to two counts of fraud and five counts of conspiracy, stood facing the jury with his hands clasped in front of him as the verdict was read.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

A 12-member jury in Manhattan federal court convicted him on all seven counts he faced after a monthlong trial in which prosecutors made the case that he stole $8 billion from the exchange's customers out of sheer greed. The verdict came just shy of one year after FTX filed for bankruptcy in a swift corporate meltdown that shocked financial markets and erased his estimated $26 billion personal fortune.

The jury reached the verdict after just over four hours of deliberations. Bankman-Fried, who had pleaded not guilty to two counts of fraud and five counts of conspiracy, stood facing the jury with his hands clasped in front of him as the verdict was read.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I guess I'm kinda invested in crypto now.
    We found a debit card charge of $300 for a crypto purchase in Holland, wife is off to the bank today to contest the charge and get us a couple new cards.
    I'm telling everyone I'm well traveled and have quite the diversified investment portfolio and NOT a fat, old man in Tennessee that yells at the deer to get off his lawn.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I will admit I don't understand why people do stuff like this. I get that its "greed" but if I had a billion dollars, or heck a couple million, I would be just fine. I certainly wouldn't need to resort to activities that could cause me to lose it all just to get more.

Lord, let me have enough so I don't resort to stealing and not so so much that I forget about you. Proverbs paraphrased by Greg.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We have zero idea but our Bitcoin is going nuts along with our other crypto.

Why everything is taking off now. . no clue. Just keep rockin.
    Maybe the 1 trillion the US government needs every hundred days?
    I doubt than number gets smaller, more than likely to double within 3 years.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    ETF's have changed the game. We are now way ahead of the all time high before the halving. First time ever event. There are only 21million bitcoin ever. Bitcoin can't be inflated. Bitcoin will over take gold and be number one. Will probably happen next cycle. The traditional bull run will go to October of 2025. Now is the best time to buy Bitcoin while you can at these cheap prices. If u want to gamble there are plenty of cryptos that will 20x 50x and more your money. Dump those just before October 2025. Not financially advice. With the ETF the bull run may not end just slight corrections as it goes higher and higher. Buy buy buy

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    ETF's have changed the game. We are now way ahead of the all time high before the halving. First time ever event. There are only 21million bitcoin ever. Bitcoin can't be inflated. Bitcoin will over take gold and be number one. Will probably happen next cycle. The traditional bull run will go to October of 2025. Now is the best time to buy Bitcoin while you can at these cheap prices. If u want to gamble there are plenty of cryptos that will 20x 50x and more your money. Dump those just before October 2025. Not financially advice. With the ETF the bull run may not end just slight corrections as it goes higher and higher. Buy buy buy
    Yeah, I keep hearing crazy price targets on it........like $500,000 to $1 million each within a decade. That is hard to believe....but wish I had bought that last big sell off on it.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    $70,000 is still cheap if you know it’s going to 1 million plus in 10 years or less. Just buy as much as you can to afford to lose. Just buy $10 each paycheck.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    We have zero idea but our Bitcoin is going nuts along with our other crypto.

Why everything is taking off now. . no clue. Just keep rockin.
    Maybe the 1 trillion the US government needs every hundred days?
    I doubt than number gets smaller, more than likely to double within 3 years.
    Yes, no confidence in the fiat currency. I saw this 4 years ago when the massive money printing ramped up. Has to be intentional to destroy it that quickly with excuses like shutdowns and wars we shouldn't be involved in. I took care of some big projects at home during this time knowing it would be more difficult or impossible later on with a dying devalued currency.

Bitcoin is an alternative along with precious metals. I agree with John Rubino that there is an imminent financial death spiral. These two short summary articles, of the video, highlight last Fall with how quickly it has changed to now.

Top Bottom