Anyone have a good source for a rebuilt or crate motor that isn't a million dollars?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well that truck deserves it. As clean as it is, it will feel right at home.
    She had a bath right before I parked her. I just hope her neighbor doesn't get any big ideas of needing equal attention. I think Blue is enjoying getting some extra miles while Red is out of commission.

027.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I called Summit tonight as the engine was still showing as "ready to ship". They confirmed they definitely have it in stock, and it could even go out yet tonight so I expect it to be on its way in the next 24 hours.

I had contacted Jegs to cancel my order on Friday. They told me they would process my refund after they notified ATK. I thought that was a little odd since they charged my card immediately upon my placing the order, but whatever. I was looking at my receipt from them to calculate the refund, and they charge sales tax on the core charge and the freight charges. Does that seem right??? That makes no sense to me.

I will be calling them if I don't have notification of a pending refund by Wednesday. If I have nothing by Friday, I'll just call Capital One and dispute the charge.

Now hubby is wondering if we will need to put headers on the truck and redo the exhaust to use this engine. She really is going to be the Red Rocket when we get done at this rate. :lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It has a hydraulic roller cam. That's as modified as he wants me to go. When we got his '67 C10, it had a cam in it like you are talking about and we couldn't even take the truck on cruise nights because it wouldn't idle at the stop lights. It sounded good but wasn't practical for driving. I need to be able to drive the grandbabies around in this on a daily basis. Cole knows it will be his truck some day and he loves riding in it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It has a hydraulic roller cam. That's as modified as he wants me to go. When we got his '67 C10, it had a cam in it like you are talking about and we couldn't even take the truck on cruise nights because it wouldn't idle at the stop lights. It sounded good but wasn't practical for driving. I need to be able to drive the grandbabies around in this on a daily basis. Cole knows it will be his truck some day and he loves riding in it.
    Just going to say it, if it wouldn't idle, the cam probably wasn't the problem. I've played with too many engines with serious cams and they've all idle just fine. You just have to get used to the car dancing a little at idle though.
    Headers, a little more cam and a little more carb could be fun

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just needed more converter. Seriously.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I called Summit tonight as the engine was still showing as "ready to ship". They confirmed they definitely have it in stock, and it could even go out yet tonight so I expect it to be on its way in the next 24 hours.

I had contacted Jegs to cancel my order on Friday. They told me they would process my refund after they notified ATK. I thought that was a little odd since they charged my card immediately upon my placing the order, but whatever. I was looking at my receipt from them to calculate the refund, and they charge sales tax on the core charge and the freight charges. Does that seem right??? That makes no sense to me.

I will be calling them if I don't have notification of a pending refund by Wednesday. If I have nothing by Friday, I'll just call Capital One and dispute the charge.

Now hubby is wondering if we will need to put headers on the truck and redo the exhaust to use this engine. She really is going to be the Red Rocket when we get done at this rate. :lmfao:
    Indiana will charge sales tax on other tax. Bastards are holding 6 billion of our dollars and just upped the fuel tax. . . that they charge sales tax on.
    Figure they owe each tax payer about $1400 already.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I thought that was a little odd since they charged my card immediately upon my placing the order, but whatever.
    Isn't that typical. They charge you immediately, then, take their time refunding you. lol Actually, I've noticed this isn't as common as it used to be. Quite often now I will get refunded immediately. Also, now, a lot of companies wont charge you til the item ships, AND more importantly, they keep their Websites up to date on their stock. I'd get SO pissed when their Website shows an item in stock, but, it's on back order. But, they would still immediately charge your account. lol Freakin BS!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Exactly why it would be better with the distributor in the front.
    Fine.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ford is a bit slow.
    Better for what? Getting wet?
    Fords always behind, like running nylon tooth timing gears well into the 80's.
    That double sump oil pan is also troublesome.
    Distributor in front is easier for maintenance a d installation, doesn't have to be removed to get the intake off either. I'd bet all manufacturers have used or currently use nylon timing components. Never had an issue with a double sump oil pan either. Clearly such refinements are out of your comfort zone lol
    Oh and my Ford's have never, never been slow.

I challenge you to post a time slip showing me how fast your bowtie is and I will gladly post a time slip for my Ford. Let's see it

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fine.

Many many racers have gone to a belt drive timing set up with a front mounted distributor.

Ford doesn't get everything right but distributor location is one thing they've always gotten right

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Distributor in front is easier for maintenance a d installation, doesn't have to be removed to get the intake off either. I'd bet all manufacturers have used or currently use nylon timing components. Never had an issue with a double sump oil pan either. Clearly such refinements are out of your comfort zone lol
    Oh and my Ford's have never, never been slow.

I challenge you to post a time slip showing me how fast your bowtie is and I will gladly post a time slip for my Ford. Let's see it
    I strike a nerve :stickpoke:
    A challenge. Is that like a Double Dog Dare?
    I guess they put them up front because they need more maintenance.

Dont own any Chevys that are raced at all. Not my bag.
    Got and old Pontiac, two Ford trucks with no distributors in the front and a 32 Ford with the distributor in the back.

Top Bottom