Anyone have a good source for a rebuilt or crate motor that isn't a million dollars?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No LS engines. So I'm told.

Summit has one in stock that is a bit more than the one I ordered but could ship today. We plan to call a couple of engine rebuilders that have been suggested first.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The first engine rebuilder we called is out at least two to three months to rebuild ours and has no engines available to just do an exchange.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The first engine rebuilder we called is out at least two to three months to rebuild ours and has no engines available to just do an exchange.
    Hate to say it but at this point Summit is looking like your best option. Hopefully they won't go out of stock while you are still making a decision.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hate to say it but at this point Summit is looking like your best option. Hopefully they won't go out of stock while you are still making a decision.
    It showed more than 10 in stock yesterday and still does today. He is calling Jasper now. We have called several shops...all are saying a minimum of two to three months. I'm ready to click to check out on my cart on Summit but will wait until he has exhausted other options.

My daughter and grandkids and I are leaving for a work outing at the zoo soon so we'll see how today goes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It showed more than 10 in stock yesterday and still does today. He is calling Jasper now. We have called several shops...all are saying a minimum of two to three months. I'm ready to click to check out on my cart on Summit but will wait until he has exhausted other options.

My daughter and grandkids and I are leaving for a work outing at the zoo soon so we'll see how today goes.
    That's understandable. Hope it works out. I know it sucks when you want to get something done in the here and now and don't want to wait until who knows how long. Especially if you've done the teardown and the only thing holding you up is the replacement.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yeah there has been serious supply issues in getting engine parts. We have been having trouble from Ford, Dodge and GM at work.
    A couple weeks ago we talked to our engine builder for the race car, and we were told manufacturers are saying some parts are 9-10 months to get parts out from time of order.
    I just needed 2 valves and we were told 6-10 weeks out.
    Hate to say it but good luck in your search

• Wow
    Reactions: KG1

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's a solid choice. Is your old engine a 2 piece rear main seal or a 1 piece?

If it's a 2 piece you will need to get a flywheel for a 1 piece rear main seal. Just make sure the same tooth count.
    I'm pretty sure we already have the right new flywheel. Jegs sent one because it was needed for the ATK and hubby is pretty sure this one takes the same one. Tooth count is the same but one engine is internally balanced and one is externally balanced...or some mumbo jumbo that sounded like that. He seems to understand it so I probably don't really need to. :lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sweet!

It comes with a dyno sheet so it’s been run in !

Great decision!
    It's quite a bit more $$ than the ATK so hubby was having a hard time. I finally just said, I just ordered it. LOL Shipping from Ohio and already showing Ready to Ship on the order status so it should be running down the road again very soon. IMG_20220712_175728558 - Copy.jpg

Top Bottom