Anyone Familiar With or Have an Opinion of These?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MR.ROBOT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2023
    Plymouth, Indiana
    5 - 8 month wait unless you find one somewhere. Heavy. Comes with a 5-round mag. The 20-round mag will set you back $600. The 30 round drum is more $$$. All up weight has to be at least 10 pounds, 11 with the 30 rounder, more if you an optic, light, or anything else. Reliability? Who knows? For now, an expensive novelty, niche gun imho. For whatever reason(s), semi-auto, detachable magazine fed shotguns have not taken off. The Origin isn't the first one.
    I don't see how they haven't. Definitely on my soon to acquire list along with the kris vector 45.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Things happening in Indiana that I never knew about. Wonder if they (the company) prefer it that way. Get the product out and advertise but not a lot of publicity about the factory location itself so it doesn't draw unwanted attention.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I may very well be wrong, but a friend of mine has a prominent gun shop and was one of the direct dealers for the Origin, and he informed me earlier this year that the AFT classified it as a DD a few years ago. It could just be "Gun Shop Rumor and Nonsense, but I remember lot's of big shops had one back in 2019, then suddenly nothing. I've only seen one in a random gun show in the middle of nowhere since then. Also, this friend is in a first name basis with executives of a lot of popular manufacturers, especially with the ones in Indiana, and is also does work for the DoD.:dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    5 - 8 month wait unless you find one somewhere. Heavy. Comes with a 5-round mag. The 20-round mag will set you back $600. The 30 round drum is more $$$. All up weight has to be at least 10 pounds, 11 with the 30 rounder, more if you an optic, light, or anything else. Reliability? Who knows? For now, an expensive novelty, niche gun imho. For whatever reason(s), semi-auto, detachable magazine fed shotguns have not taken off. The Origin isn't the first one.
    $600 for a mag? That's not a typo?

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    I may very well be wrong, but a friend of mine has a prominent gun shop and was one of the direct dealers for the Origin, and he informed me earlier this year that the AFT classified it as a DD a few years ago. It could just be "Gun Shop Rumor and Nonsense, but I remember lot's of big shops had one back in 2019, then suddenly nothing. I've only seen one in a random gun show in the middle of nowhere since then. Also, this friend is in a first name basis with executives of a lot of popular manufacturers, especially with the ones in Indiana, and is also does work for the DoD.:dunno:
    I've heard and read somewhere about it being a destructive device too.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    A little Google-fu shows that gun store nonsense is, as usual, gun store nonsense.
    I ain't going to complain about that being wrong as it seems to be the closest thing we have to a USAS or AA-12. It is kind of weird I haven't seen ANY on the used market though. Also, the drums are very expensive, but the stick mags are not that unreasonable compared to magazines for some brands.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I ain't going to complain about that being wrong as it seems to be the closest thing we have to a USAS or AA-12. It is kind of weird I haven't seen ANY on the used market though. Also, the drums are very expensive, but the stick mags are not that unreasonable compared to magazines for some brands.
    There are currently half a dozen or so on GB but given the price tag and the wait time for a new one, I wouldn't expect them to be at many run of the mill local gun shops.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I suspect it is because it is a firearm that interests very few people.

I would agree with this, I have known about it for a while (military arms channel called it the "NFA nut kicker". It's cool , but would ultimately be a range toy only. Shotgun shells and box magazines do not go well together from a reliability standpoint IMHO. A Beretta 1301 is the current ticket for serious tactical shotguns right now, the Benelli M4 also deserves a mention as well. Fun fact Beretta actually owns Benelli.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    The one I ran in call of duty never had any issues .....musta ran 1000's of shells through it without cleaning haha
    Seriously though it's a really cool looking machine ...I don't do much with shotguns so certain I'll never pursue one but if I ever hit the lotto that'll be one of the signs

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm not a fan of drum/magazine feed shotguns.
    To much bulk hanging off of it.
    Give me a 7-8 shot tube feed shotgun, and I'll be happy.
    If I need more than that. It's AR-15 time.

Top Bottom