• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I think 12k per year is reasonable. I just sold my 2009 JKU Sahara for $12,500. If it were in better condition I could have gotten more I think. It had 186,000 miles for reference. Yep, I miss it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Anybody ever have their AX-15 rebuilt in the general IN area? Just dropped the fluid on mine today and it's not looking too great.

I was thinking about going with a "Terminator" box and I'm pretty sure they'll build an early TJ version of it, but I'm also pretty sure they're $2500+...

Terminator? - Rockland Standard Gear, Inc.

So... Lower priced options from local companies would be interesting to explore.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Keep an eye on your oil level for a while. 2007 to midyear 2012's with the 3.8L can be oil burners, especially once they get close to the 100k. Have a few friends that have noticed this, and my 4.0L in the wife's Chrysler T&C is the "Exxon Val Dees" when it comes to consuming motor oil.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Keep an eye on your oil level for a while. 2007 to midyear 2012's with the 3.8L can be oil burners, especially once they get close to the 100k. Have a few friends that have noticed this, and my 4.0L in the wife's Chrysler T&C is the "Exxon Val Dees" when it comes to consuming motor oil.

Thanks for the tip. I just rolled tp 38K this morning.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

Mine started way before 100k. Mines a 2010 with 83k on it, and it’s been burning for the last 20-30k, at least to some degree. Nothing super major, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.

Backpacker, congrats on the new Wrangler though! 37k on a 2010 is great!

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Mine started way before 100k. Mines a 2010 with 83k on it, and it’s been burning for the last 20-30k, at least to some degree. Nothing super major, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.

Backpacker, congrats on the new Wrangler though! 37k on a 2010 is great!

Thank you. I have been blessed.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My 2008 has 143k on the clock now. Runs like new. BUT.....burns anywhere from 1/2 to 1 quart per 1k miles. It started at about 40k. There have been times where it burned very little, but there is really no rhyme or reason to it. It just fluctuates. My brother had one in a minivan that ran to 300k+ miles and burned oil like that the whole way.

If I didn't have the lifetime powertrain warranty, I probably wouldn't change the oil more than every 15k or so, because it always has fresh oil coming in, Lol! But the warranty won't let me exceed 6k. I just keep driving it and checking it. It is smooth and quiet and has been 100% reliable.

Just last week I found a coolant leak and a drip of oil where the transmission meets the engine. The dealership found both the radiator and water pump leaking, so the water pump was replaced under the warranty and the radiator came out of my pocket. They also replaced both head cover gaskets which were the source for the drip. So all is good.

We're getting ready to take both Jeeps on the NC/TN/VA part of the Appalatian Byway, with my brother driving the JK. So I've been getting her ready. I cycled the diff lockers and they engaged/disengaged perfectly. (this Jeep hasn't been off road since 2017). Unfortunately, the auto sway bar disconnected, but wouldn't reconnect. So today I removed the electric actuator and replaced it with an EVO manual disconnect. But it still won't reconnect. I've got a couple things to try to fix it, but if they don't work, I'll be removing it, taking it all apart, cleaning it out, re-greasing it with marine grease, then putting it back together. I did that 3 or 4 years ago, removing some corrosion. There was some pitting, too. If none of that works, I'll be looking for a used one. But I'm done with the actuator. I used my AEV ProCal to disable the dummy light, too, so that's no issue.

Anyway, we'll get it right by the time we hit the trails. It'll be good for the old JK Rubi to show her off-road chops again! She still looks and runs like new, inside out. Lots of life left in her, for sure!

I also added a Rough Country adjustable rear track bar to the JL Rubi. It added some strength, but mainly it enabled me to fine tune the centering of the rear axle.
    guTjsJL.jpg

vGxntrL.jpg

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll watch for your report on the Appalachian Byway. I've been entertaining a trip out that way.

We'll FINALLY be up in Michigan this next weekend. The Silver Lake Jeep Invasion was cancelled (thanks, Michigan Government). We are invading anyway. At the very least, we can hit the dunes, explore a little, and relax a LOT.

Also planning a trip back down to Kentucky and the KAT for November. We ran the KAT in several sections west of I-75 earlier in the summer. I'm trying to convince my wife to run a bit of it to the east this time.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and finally pulled the trigger on one back in April. I had so much fun driving naked all summer long. It’s just a fun ride and something just for tooling around.

Its a 97 TJ i6 just under 150k lifted with 33s.

When I bought it the owner told me there was a minor exhaust leak. Figure I’d rather take care of this now and I’m thinking I should just go ahead and have the exhaust manifold replaced.

So, my question to my fellow firearms and Jeep enthusiasts, do you know have any recommendations for a good shop that does work on Wranglers near Greenwood preferably?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    2nd time Jeeper as of Saturday. First was an '08 JK Sahara 2-dr in red rock crystal pearl. Below is the new JL. I never bonded well with the JK, but this one so far is a very different experience. I'm sure the longer wheelbase makes a massive difference in the ride. And the Pentastar engine they went to (back in '09 or '10?) is in itself a huge improvement as well.

cspscd1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Now I need to go back through this entire thread from the beginning, looks like there is a ton of great info in here! And who doesn't love pics of old Jeeps in their natural habitat?!?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    2nd time Jeeper as of Saturday. First was an '08 JK Sahara 2-dr in red rock crystal pearl. Below is the new JL. I never bonded well with the JK, but this one so far is a very different experience. I'm sure the longer wheelbase makes a massive difference in the ride. And the Pentastar engine they went to (back in '09 or '10?) is in itself a huge improvement as well.

cspscd1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Now I need to go back through this entire thread from the beginning, looks like there is a ton of great info in here! And who doesn't love pics of old Jeeps in their natural habitat?!?
    Shiny!!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Great looking ride, Hopper! I'll wait for the mud pic soon. :):

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

cspscd1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Darned nice looking Jeep right there!!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'll watch for your report on the Appalachian Byway. I've been entertaining a trip out that way.

We'll FINALLY be up in Michigan this next weekend. The Silver Lake Jeep Invasion was cancelled (thanks, Michigan Government). We are invading anyway. At the very least, we can hit the dunes, explore a little, and relax a LOT.

Also planning a trip back down to Kentucky and the KAT for November. We ran the KAT in several sections west of I-75 earlier in the summer. I'm trying to convince my wife to run a bit of it to the east this time.

We'll take some pics and video, and hopefully we'll have a few good drone shots and videos!

Silver lake is on our list, so looking forward to hearing about that, too, along with the KAT report!

Top Bottom