Another shooting in Brownsburg, closer than ever to my home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This one happened within easy walking distance to my house. Right across the street from a playground my kids play on often:

Talking to the parents while dropping my kids off for the school bus, some of the neighborhood kids actually saw the dead body.

Of course, I will be very interested to know what led up to this.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Interesting terminology. Originally a wreck but upgraded to person shot.

Reminded me of ordering at McDonald's.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We left Brownsburg last year, after being their 15 years. It doesn't surprise me that this happened with the way the town is changing, quite rapidly I might add.

The Meijer going in at 56th and 900 will surely help attract stellar individuals...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like someone may have shot him and he was trying to drive himself to get help. So no way to know where the shooting occurred or even if it was accidental, or what?
    The neighborhood kid they interviewed said in the embedded video he heard the shots so it sounds like it happened in or near the neighborhood.

Hopefully someone’s ring camera caught something.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    between stuff like this and the ever increasing traffic I'm starting to regret the decision on moving to the burg 12 years ago.
    When I moved there, 56th was a two lane road. We had started to plan our exit a few years ago. It was a great community when we moved in, just growing to fast with poor planning and they never built the wall on 56th St to keep the hoodlums from Indy out...

Property values are still super high, cash out while you can!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    between stuff like this and the ever increasing traffic I'm starting to regret the decision on moving to the burg 12 years ago.
    I feel the same way about Avon. Been here 10 years and all of the beautiful farms and open land I loved are now covered by concrete, warehouses and vinyl villages. I never heard much traffic or sirens but now it’s an everyday occurrence. Looking to move further west now.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I feel the same way about Avon. Been here 10 years and all of the beautiful farms and open land I loved are now covered by concrete, warehouses and vinyl villages. I never heard much traffic or sirens but now it’s an everyday occurrence. Looking to move further west now.
    That was our first thought, but our thoughts are the great westward expansion will continue...so we moved wayyyy southwest.

Top Bottom