Another school shooting this time in Texas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JagsFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    While sitting at work, I got to see there was another shooting today at a school. I have to ask. Does anyone else think this is weird? I personally don't feel this epidemic of shooting are random acts, or a crazy looking for their moment in history. Is it just me and my tin foil hat or does anyone else think this is apart of the plan to disarm the public.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    CNN Reporting an active gunman on Harris Campus of Lone Star College in Texas. Multiple people down. Campus on lockdown and they are looking for the shooter.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    sigh, "shooter on campus at texas college"

lone star college north campus

swat team seen entering building

saw a body being taken out on a stretcher

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Yes OP something does seem odd about the rash of shootings lately. But it may be too that the media is reporting these more often now.
    They (the media) was quick to report a school shooting in KY last week. Nut when the truth of the matter (a domestic situation in the parking lot) came out they walked away from it.
    I would agree things seem odd but my reallity tells me its just media hyping since this is the hot topic of now.

Link
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/2...rtedly-fired-at-lone-star-college-in-houston/

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Shooting at French Jewish school causes casualties – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs reported at a Lone Star College campus in Houston, Texas

• School has asked students to take shelter, school spokesman says
    • Below are the latest updates as they come to us
    [Updated at, 2:02 p.m. ET] Students at a Lone Star College campus in Houston have been asked to take shelter after reports of a gunman on campus, a school spokesman said.

JagsFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Fox News reporters are saying there was 3 people shot in the legs and they are claiming this is a sad world when we share a sigh of relief knowing they were just shot in the legs and not like the shooting at Newtown.

JagsFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    They are also covering their butts right now. The reporters are saying we offering this as a disclaimer. We are receiving "real time" updates and we are shifting through them. Sounds like they are really covering the butts and keeping a escape route for false or misleading info.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    If the media would stop over-sensationalizing these shootings these pathetic losers would just off themselves without trying to go out as a famous sociopath having shot defenseless people in another gun-free zone.

Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    While sitting at work, I got to see there was another shooting today at a school. I have to ask. Does anyone else think this is weird? I personally don't feel this epidemic of shooting are random acts, or a crazy looking for their moment in history. Is it just me and my tin foil hat or does anyone else think this is apart of the plan to disarm the public.

If you think that the media is giving more attention to a hot button topic to further the anti-gun movement; I believe that in some instances, but in general what news organization regardless of their views are not going to report on a school shooting?

If you think the government and/or media are behind the shootings themselves as part of a stealth move to further the assault weapon ban, then yes it's you and your tin foil hat. Step out of the microwave and put some pants on.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    If you think that the media is giving more attention to a hot button topic to further the anti-gun movement; I believe that in some instances, but in general what news organization regardless of their views are not going to report on a school shooting?

If you think the government and/or media are behind the shootings themselves as part of a stealth move to further the assault weapon ban, then yes it's you and your tin foil hat. Step out of the microwave and put some pants on.

Apparently you haven't been around very long.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Don't get me wrong. This is very news worthy. But the sensationalizing is wrong. I can't count how many times I heard the media speaking about the Conn. shooting stating: "if the body count holds up....". Sickening.

Top Bottom