• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I doubt it will be on the news considering when I came in this morning there were only police officers here but I know the owners of an Insurance company off Stellhorn road and I use one of their offices for my office. There is a security system, but there are no sensors on the windows. They came in through the window and ransacked the whole place. They did got ahold of some valuable stuff. Lately here in Ft. Wayne there have been a lot of robberies but they have mostly been banks or retail stores. This is the first place that doesn't have a storefront that has been robbed. So just to be on the safe side people, lock up everything when you leave. Until they catch whoever is doing this just take extra precaution. Don't forget to pack some heat as well.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    good thing Batman is in town doing a show at the coliseum, he can protect us in his off time!

But in all seriousness, I believe there was a report on the television recently indicating that our finest are gearing up for a rash of break-ins and robberies. In part for the holiday season, but also for the simple fact that we now have and will continue to have increased crime/activity in fort wayne.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I doubt it will be on the news considering when I came in this morning there were only police officers here but I know the owners of an Insurance company off Stellhorn road and I use one of their offices for my office. There is a security system, but there are no sensors on the windows. They came in through the window and ransacked the whole place. They did got ahold of some valuable stuff. Lately here in Ft. Wayne there have been a lot of robberies but they have mostly been banks or retail stores. This is the first place that doesn't have a storefront that has been robbed. So just to be on the safe side people, lock up everything when you leave. Until they catch whoever is doing this just take extra precaution. Don't forget to pack some heat as well.
    Was anyone harmed in the robbery? Hopefully they will catch them before they burgle any homes or offices.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I mentioned in another thread that i was worried about my wife working for an insurance agent and concerned that they may start hitting the agencies. This doesnt put me at ease, especially since her office isnt far from stellhorn

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Was anyone harmed in the robbery? Hopefully they will catch them before they burgle any homes or offices.

No nobody was in the office when they broke in, im guessing they were younger because i had two of my clients laptops sitting on my desk that weren't even touched but they went through my desk and took nothing

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I mentioned in another thread that i was worried about my wife working for an insurance agent and concerned that they may start hitting the agencies. This doesnt put me at ease, especially since her office isnt far from stellhorn

I'd have her start packing some heat! You just never know. Desperate times now a days calls for stupid activity. and is going to get somebody shot eventually

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    My agency is at near State and Maplecrest. It's weekly armed robbery around here. Many BAD people in crappy apartments nearby.

In progress now armed robbery, grey audi with tinted windows heading S on 930. Cops were screaming W on State and N on Maplecrest.

I am adding DIY cameras like I did at home.

We stopped accepting cash payments because of this.

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My agency is at near State and Maplecrest. It's weekly armed robbery around here. Many BAD people in crappy apartments nearby.

In progress now armed robbery, grey audi with tinted windows heading S on 930. Cops were screaming W on State and N on Maplecrest.

My brother and I went to lunch that way and saw a TON of cop cars and we we started listening to the police scanner but didn't hear anything on it.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I'd have her start packing some heat! You just never know. Desperate times now a days calls for stupid activity. and is going to get somebody shot eventually

She has her LTCH and does carry. However, the agent informed her its the insurance companies policy that they are not allowed to carry at work. Been talking to her more and more about using an ankle holster we just got for her and not mentioning it. She once said "but if I use it, ill probably lose my job" to which I replied Id rather her be jobless than beat, or worse. I can deal with jobless for a while. Gonna have to talk about it more tonight. I told her about this post, so im sure she knows im gonna want to discuss it tonight lol. She was curious what agency it was

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

I actually heard about this through FB. The wife of a friend of my brothers was in there when it happened getting their daughters hair cut. Looks like they got them though! Good!
    http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/Police-nab-three-in-connection-with-attempted-armed-robbery

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    She has her LTCH and does carry. However, the agent informed her its the insurance companies policy that they are not allowed to carry at work. Been talking to her more and more about using an ankle holster we just got for her and not mentioning it. She once said "but if I use it, ill probably lose my job" to which I replied Id rather her be jobless than beat, or worse. I can deal with jobless for a while. Gonna have to talk about it more tonight. I told her about this post, so im sure she knows im gonna want to discuss it tonight lol. She was curious what agency it was

Hupe Insurance

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    There is a huge difference between a robbery and a burglary. An individual should be more concerned over a robbery, because they would be present during the crime.

A burglary takes place when nobody is present.

I never go anywhere un-armed. That has been my decision since I was 15 years old.

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    There is a huge difference between a robbery and a burglary. An individual should be more concerned over a robbery, because they would be present during the crime.

A burglary takes place when nobody is present.

I never go anywhere un-armed. That has been my decision since I was 15 years old.

Yeah I realized that after I had posted it.... :n00b:

Top Bottom