• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Aren't the police suppose to consficate all videos in cases like this....or is that when they just jack boot you to death....sounds like the guy forgot to take his meds and paid for it.

If its pertinent evidence, then you can seize the recording device and get a warrant for the video. From the quality of the video I saw there, I wouldn't waste the paperwork.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From the scant evidence the video provides, sounds like suicide by cop. He went looking for a fight, but took nothing that would give him any chance at survival. He got their attention by smashing windows and once he had their attention, he simply started walking towards them with the machete. I think it worked out exactly as the machete guy wanted. Too bad he is putting a cop through the trauma of a shooting just because he could not off himself.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    My only critique of the contents of this video is that the contents sucks. What the hell decade was this iPhone from? If these a-holes insist on creating hard evidence they should have the freaking courtesy to all parties involved to create viable, credible, discernible evidence. If it was a bad shooting the cop could get off based on doubt because of the quality of this film. If it was a good shooting, the cop could go down and lose his career over speculation of what *might* be inferred between the pixels. DUMB!

-Dobber

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    1 shot, guy had a machete'? Makes sense to me. 40 shots into a pick-up truck that looks like a suspect's truck? Not so much.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Frank, you asked for a critique...

1. The machete is one of the leading murder weapons worldwide. Very credible threat to the life and health of the officer.

2. While I believe in warnings when practical, being confronted with a person who could potentially kill you before you can let loose an expletive does not offer a practical opportunity for a warning. Further, anyone with two or more working brain cells should understand in advance that getting shot is a hazard intrinsic to actively choosing to travel to the location of persons known to be armed and attacking property and persons who appear with a deadly weapon. Actively starting a fight with the police would seem to indicate that the man knew/should have known that he was engaged in a situation which could likely yield an end such as it did.

3. The officer ended the threat with one shot rather than dumping a magazine in the general direction of the threat. Kudos for both marksmanship and apparent regard for the safety of others.

4. The decedent was indeed a credible threat, unlike, say, an already unresponsive drunk lying on the ground incapacitated.

Thanks for sharing an example of a good shoot.

Top Bottom