• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Senseless, absolutely senseless.

I'd put the needle in the bastard's arm myself if they'd let me.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

In case you're curious. This probably won't be up much longer. In his info, he is a member of a FB group called "I'm a Christian and I'm proud." Sad.

I'm just asking, 'cause I don't belong to Facebook and can't check details, but you're 101% sure this is the guy, right?

Also, my understanding is that reckless homicide is a Class C felony, sentence range 2 to 8 years, advisory sentence is 4 yrs. My guess is that he'll get 8, but will be out in 4 (no parole, Ind. you get 2:1 for good time served.

Not enough, not nearly enough.

Last edited:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    There is a high statistical probability that it is the same person. Does that equate to "101%?" Probably not. However, the consequence of it not being him is null. You'll also note that nowhere did I state that it is definitely him.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    There is a high statistical probability that it is the same person. Does that equate to "101%?" Probably not. However, the consequence of it not being him is null. You'll also note that nowhere did I state that it is definitely him.

Duly noted that nowhere did you state that it is definitely him.

There's just a lot of Bruce Pond's on Facebook, is all. And if Bruce Pond, Nascar fan and member of "I'm Proud to be Christian" isn't the one and the same reckless killer ofa 4 year old child, he might disagree that the "consequence of it not being him is null."

But you're right, if it is the wrong guy, he'll probably never find out, so the consequences to you will be null.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Duly noted that nowhere did you state that it is definitely him.

There's just a lot of Bruce Pond's on Facebook, is all. And if Bruce Pond, Nascar fan and member of "I'm Proud to be Christian" isn't the one and the same reckless killer ofa 4 year old child, he might disagree that the "consequence of it not being him is null."

But you're right, if it is the wrong guy, he'll probably never find out, so the consequences to you will be null.

And who live in Ossian and are age 46? I think everything will be ok......

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I wish I could say that I felt sorry for the family but I don't. Come on, your buddy is drinking and has a gun and you let your kid be around, wtf. Hope they charge the father to, death penalties for both of them should be sufficient.

That's not how I read the story. I think the shot came from a distance. The father, friend and boy were fishing on the pier.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    And this latest shooting death of a child came all of one day after a Cedar Lake 4-year-old shot and killed himself with a handgun negligently left where he could access it.

That's not all

July 14, Connersville:
    2-year-old boy shot dead by 5-year-old brother

June 30, Martinsville:
    6-year-old shot dead by 11-year-old brother

February 16, Franklin County:
    4-year-old shot dead with father's (Sheriff Deputy) gun negligently left where he and his twin brother could get it.

November 24, 2010 (Thanksgiving), Logansport:
    6-year-old girl shot in head by 3-year old boy. She survived, barely, but will never recover.

That adds up to six shootings and five deaths in eight months. Five of the six shootings were with guns negligently left where kids could get them.

Okay, let's hear it, again, why children are supposed to have access to guns--both in violation of a basic safety rule and Indiana law (Neglect of a Dependent and Dangerous Control of a Firearm)

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The charge against Pond, reckless homicide, is a Class C felony. Upon conviction, a person charged with a Class C felony could be sentenced to between 2 and 8 years in jail and fined up to $10,000.

This boy has lost the opportunity to live his entire life, the parents must live every day of the rest of their lives with this tragedy, and this guy, with good behavior and no priors, could be out in 2-4 years?

Something isn't right with that.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This boy has lost the opportunity to live his entire life, the parents must live every day of the rest of their lives with this tragedy, and this guy, with good behavior and no priors, could be out in 2-4 years?

Something isn't right with that.[/QUOTE

I know. It makes me sick. He should be charged with murder. My prayer's are with the child's family.

Last edited:

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I'm confused. Three guys and the boy sitting on the pier fishing and they have a rifle with them? I could understand a Pistol but a Rifle? Doesn't make sense to me

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Slow down a bit and read the story. No one fishing had a gun of any kind. The shooter was 100 or so yards away. He saw something on the pier while at his house and he shot at it from his house.

Top Bottom