• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I bought about 100 targets like this but for lefties at a gun show about 10 years ago. I really like them - helped my wife (she's a lefty) when she was shooting pistol for the first time.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    ah yah, i guess the 600 students i trained last year had not one of these issues.
    or i solved them all using the magical chart? NOT

as well jesh mas says what keep the sight's lined up press the trigger to the rear without sight disruption and a firm or crush grip and who hold the fort a good stance.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    ah yah, i guess the 600 students i trained last year had not one of these issues.
    or i solved them all using the magical chart? NOT

as well jesh mas says what keep the sight's lined up press the trigger to the rear without sight disruption and a firm or crush grip and who hold the fort a good stance.

So you don't find it helpful therefore nobody else ever finds it helpful huh?

Well, whatever works for you.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    no that nothing more than trigger press and sight picture have
    but also admitted to having problems still

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    no that nothing more than trigger press and sight picture have
    but also admitted to having problems still

"Having problems still" depends on your goals.

I got started shooting seriously literally within the past year. I had been shooting rifle for about 6 months when I first started shooting handgun.

When I first started shooting handgun, I was shooting "minute of bad guy" from the very beginning. Now my goal is more like "minute of bad guy's left eye" for handgun and Carlos Hathcock is my goal for rifle. Will I ever reach those goals? Who knows. But setting the goals high ensures I'll reach as high as I can rather than being satisfied with some lower level.

Here's another thing. I presume that someone who has "trained 600 people in the last year" is aware of some of the subtleties of positional shooting, right? That's rifle, rather than handgun, but some key lessons apply there. One important one is that a gun is a dynamic system. It starts to recoil as soon as the bullet starts moving, while it's still in the barrel. You get vibrations and harmonics in the barrel. Changes in how much the gun recoils--as you might get by whether you hold it more or less firmly, whether the gun is supported or you are holding it "freehand," whether you are using a sling (for rifles) or not, all affect how it moves in response to recoil. Once the bullet leaves the barrel, that movement has no effect, but movement before the bullet leaves the barrel can affect point of impact quite a bit (on the levels that I'm aiming for). And that movement before the bullet leaves the barrel happens too fast to even be consciously perceived, let alone controlled. The only way to deal with it is to be so utterly consistent in things like points of contact on the weapon and how firmly it's held that the reactive movement is always the same.

These are subtle "fine points" that come into play after one has gotten the basics of "stance, grip, sight picture, breath control, trigger control" down.

Top Bottom