• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    This also may have been posted, I haven't taken the time to read through all of these, but it would make sense to me as long as you had your hands in plain view and immediately let the officer know you have a valid permit and have a weapon in the vehicle or on you. Be courteous and follow commands, you wont have any problems. Nothing personal, let them do their job and move on. It will make your encounter much easier!
    :patriot:

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    ok, i just read many of these and not sure I understand the reasoning. Is it that big of a deal to comply and be on your way. If one has nothing to hide, why not. Put yourself in their shoes, you stop someone for a reason and they hand you some printed card with their rights on it and refuse to talk. Doesn't that seem "suspicious" ?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This also may have been posted, I haven't taken the time to read through all of these, but it would make sense to me as long as you had your hands in plain view and immediately let the officer know you have a valid permit and have a weapon in the vehicle or on you. Be courteous and follow commands, you wont have any problems. Nothing personal, let them do their job and move on. It will make your encounter much easier!
    :patriot:

ok, i just read many of these and not sure I understand the reasoning. Is it that big of a deal to comply and be on your way. If one has nothing to hide, why not. Put yourself in their shoes, you stop someone for a reason and they hand you some printed card with their rights on it and refuse to talk. Doesn't that seem "suspicious" ?

Prepare for the ****sorm. Just warning you.

Timcor3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I agree, just trying to pass helpful information along when encountering LEO while carrying. The officer just wants to do his job and ensure he goes home safe at night as well as you.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    NOT in this STICKY thread. :D
    They (INGO members) want to argue about that they need to use one of the other threads or open a new one. This sticky is for the info only.

If you notice I have managed to keep the sticky clean of those debates. ;)

I didn't say where the ****storm would occur, I just said there would be one... :cool:

scotty824

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    I for one am thankful for all the info that is posted, I just wish the LEOs were always required to only give facts ( laws ) themselfs and not their personal thoughts of how they interpt what they are to inforce.

Scotty

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    great post.. You would not believe the people I talk to everyday that say, this is illegal and that is illegal.. people do not know the laws as much as they should.. schools should teach some of this..

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I drive too fast, as a result, I get pulled over often. I always claim my firearm and carry status. If at night - I generally - put the dome light on. Often the officers appreciate this and offer me a more lenient ticket - or a warning.

Top Bottom