• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    How you choose to handle an encounter is your personal choice, but information like this helps you make the RIGHT choice, haha. Get up, stand up. Stand up for your rights!

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    You are so right, stay out of that state. I don't understand the gun violence in Illinois, guns are illegal.

nikollaj21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    demotte indiana
    If they pull on me when I am not threatening anyone then I will pull out on them in self defense until they lower there's first mine will stay up they have no right to pull on u if you aren't doing anything wrong

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they pull on me when I am not threatening anyone then I will pull out on them in self defense until they lower there's first mine will stay up they have no right to pull on u if you aren't doing anything wrong

Oh boy.....Have you ever had a physical encounter with a LEO...........Let us all know how this works out for you.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area

I am all in favor of sticking up for my rights, and even demanding that others don't abuse my rights, but in your stated scenario I think you're nuts. Unless rule of law has broken down, or you are confident that you are dealing with a rogue Leo with evil intentions, some fights are better to be fought in the legal system.

The concept of its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 surely applies to your stated scenario.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Anyone have a link of the law for carrying in Illinois? I have read numerous threads about it but would like to print out the law incase a Leo stops me. I can't seem to find one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think the OP has collected info from different resources, and placed them in one easy place.
    Most of us have had positive interactions.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis

You are completely, totally right and justified in doing so and I support you completely. If I'm on your jury and you live that long, I'll do what I can to help.

However, you will probably be dead. Police are indoctrinated from their first day of training that YOU are the enemy. A badge is a license to kill, and they will never face consequences for anything they do.

One police officer has more total, god-like absolute power than both houses of congress and the president combined. Consider this - in order for a congressman to make you do anything, he must first introduce a bill, get it out of committee, get it passed in the house with over 220 votes, then in the senate with 51 more, and then signed into law the by nation's highest executive.

In order for police officer to make you do something, he must merely utter words and you will either instantly obey or go to a cage. Period. No trial, no nothing. If you refuse to submit, they can and will maim or kill you.

This is not the America you grew up in. We live in dangerous times. You can complain about it all day, but if you want to stay alive you'd better learn that when a cop speaks, you obey... at least until we live in a free country again.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think the OP has collected info from different resources, and placed them in one easy place.
    Most of us have had positive interactions.

^This! INGO in the early days had several threads about this scattered all over the place. I took them highlights and main ideas from all of those and made a quick one stop reference without all the debating that the other threads had.

The best advise I can give you is spend the 48 mins to look at the video in the first post.
    Posting it here again
    [video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

to understand why you DO NOT talk to the police.

Great Post. Have you had any personal experiences?
    Yes but it is not a topic I am willing to talk about in a public forum.
    The video above sums it up best.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You are completely, totally right and justified in doing so and I support you completely. If I'm on your jury and you live that long, I'll do what I can to help.

However, you will probably be dead. Police are indoctrinated from their first day of training that YOU are the enemy. A badge is a license to kill, and they will never face consequences for anything they do.

One police officer has more total, god-like absolute power than both houses of congress and the president combined. Consider this - in order for a congressman to make you do anything, he must first introduce a bill, get it out of committee, get it passed in the house with over 220 votes, then in the senate with 51 more, and then signed into law the by nation's highest executive.

In order for police officer to make you do something, he must merely utter words and you will either instantly obey or go to a cage. Period. No trial, no nothing. If you refuse to submit, they can and will maim or kill you.

This is not the America you grew up in. We live in dangerous times. You can complain about it all day, but if you want to stay alive you'd better learn that when a cop speaks, you obey... at least until we live in a free country again.

Welcome to INGO. You'll fit right in.

Top Bottom