• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here's another site selling the same AP story "as their own." There will likely be countless more.

I don't know what their plan is, but you can bet this isn't an accident. :twocents:
    Many politicians especially democrats have stock in firearms and ammunition companies. So they make a fortune with gun and ammunition sales going through the roof. Obama tactics. Talk about banning everything and watch your stock go up.
    Knowing this makes me wonder if they are just all talk in DC to stir the pot and get people to spend more on firearms and ammunition to make more money?
    Then they appease the left by blaming Republicans for not passing any laws to ban anything which keeps their sheep sending more money to their campaigns and keep the fires burning hot.

Edit: added links

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    We all knew they're hypocrites with "guns for my guards but not for thee" but this cynicism is mind blowing.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I looked online this morning for Federal 3" 3rd Degree 12 gauge turkey loads, and there are NONE to be found anywhere. I`ve been watching for Winchester Deer Season .30-06 rounds, and finally found some at Midway, but they`re selling for $5.00/box more than Cabela`s sells them, only Cabela`s is out of stock still.
    I`ve been focusing primarily on hunting ammunition, because, for right now, I`m kind of ok on self-defense ammo, and I`m NOT shooting ANY of it. At a point in the near future, I WILL be looking again for 230 grain .45 ammo, and 357 magnum ammo, and .380 ammunition, but good grief, there`s nothing out there.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I looked online this morning for Federal 3" 3rd Degree 12 gauge turkey loads, and there are NONE to be found anywhere. I`ve been watching for Winchester Deer Season .30-06 rounds, and finally found some at Midway, but they`re selling for $5.00/box more than Cabela`s sells them, only Cabela`s is out of stock still.
    I`ve been focusing primarily on hunting ammunition, because, for right now, I`m kind of ok on self-defense ammo, and I`m NOT shooting ANY of it. At a point in the near future, I WILL be looking again for 230 grain .45 ammo, and 357 magnum ammo, and .380 ammunition, but good grief, there`s nothing out there.
    Don’t have a clue if these are decent prices but…

i have not seen much Winchester ammo of any kind. Walmart had some 12 ga target shot and some rifle stuff but very hit or miss.
    Found this if interested:

Also found this if you are near Terre Haute:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    *IF* you were to actually DO SOMETHING (instead of complain), then buy stock in ammo companies so they have capital (money) to expand production, secure US produced components...
    OR,
    Start a crowd funded ammo production facility,
    And find out exactly how difficult it is to make a profit out of US produced goods when a fickle US consumer would rather buy lesser grade foreign produced product because it's a few pennies cheaper.

The rules for manufacture are,
    1. High Quality.
    2. On The Shelf, In Stock.
    3. Low Cost.

Pick any two, you CAN NOT have all three.

You can't pay to produce a high quality product,
    AND,
    Pay to warehouse large stocks until some fickle, transient buyer decides they want to buy more than usual...
    AND,
    Compete with foreign state manufacturing with no worker safety, no responsible environmental standards, no export fees or taxes...

You buy that 'Cheap' ammo from slave labor (no pay or an average pay of $1 USD per day),
    You buy from foreign communist state owned manufacturing plants,
    Providing hard world currency for communist countries (supporting communism)...
    All the while complaining when US companies can't compete and go bankrupt while having to have product liability insurance, pay workers and provide benefits to actual Americans.

Rationalize it any way you want to, but those are the facts.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    *IF* you were to actually DO SOMETHING (instead of complain), then buy stock in ammo companies so they have capital (money) to expand production, secure US produced components...
    OR,
    Start a crowd funded ammo production facility,
    And find out exactly how difficult it is to make a profit out of US produced goods when a fickle US consumer would rather buy lesser grade foreign produced product because it's a few pennies cheaper.

The rules for manufacture are,
    1. High Quality.
    2. On The Shelf, In Stock.
    3. Low Cost.

Pick any two, you CAN NOT have all three.

You can't pay to produce a high quality product,
    AND,
    Pay to warehouse large stocks until some fickle, transient buyer decides they want to buy more than usual...
    AND,
    Compete with foreign state manufacturing with no worker safety, no responsible environmental standards, no export fees or taxes...

You buy that 'Cheap' ammo from slave labor (no pay or an average pay of $1 USD per day),
    You buy from foreign communist state owned manufacturing plants,
    Providing hard world currency for communist countries (supporting communism)...
    All the while complaining when US companies can't compete and go bankrupt while having to have product liability insurance, pay workers and provide benefits to actual Americans.

Rationalize it any way you want to, but those are the facts.
    May I reccommend VSTO?
    My next set of buy orders is @39.62

Its @41.20 pre market

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    May I reccommend VSTO?
    My next set of buy orders is @39.62

Its @41.20 pre market

I went the other way, became a manufacturer...
    I found out why US manufacturers can't make but about 2¢ profit per round even when produced in the billions.

Stuck to brass manufacturing, higher profit since just brass doesn't get sued into extinction when idiots shoot themselves or others.

Now manufacturers, all manufacturers can't get the base brass roll stock, some orders are a year late with no delivery date in sight.

Hodgdin Powder rep told me they have had ships/shipments stuck waiting for customs for 7-8 months.
    First the docks are backed WAY up because of no one to work the docks,
    And the transportation overland takes forever...
    And with the ever changing tariff/customs laws/rules customs simply doesn't approve anything fearing a decision that will be overruled later.

The last three shipments of coiled brass stock I got in were completely unusable for cartridge brass, it was more like spring brass than cartridge brass, and I'm STILL waiting for refund on returned stock nearly 3 years down the road...

Remember, the tariffs/customs changes predate the COVID issues by 3 years...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    4d2295838c414bcaeead2f121b4a1c72.jpg

Finally some under $10 .223. I can really shoot my rifles now! $15 is just much too much. This is Rural King in Bedford and Ill bet that was gone before the end of the day. Its reloads but its brass.

The Norma .22 LR also went from $8.99/50 to $6.99/50.

They also had a $110 box of 5.56. I think that’s another dime per round over the $8.99 .223. 200 Rounds.

The 9mm is still $23 which sucks. They have three different brands now. Remington Military/LEO, Venom, Norma.

Went to the 1500 yesterday and I couldn’t find any that was any cheaper than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Guys I was at Wal-Mart Greensburg, Indiana today buying dad some 12ga ammo, and the sporting goods salesman said there were several guys in there waiting for the new ammo to be put out on the shelves every morning. He said most Wal-Mart stores do that at 0700 each day they get a shipment of ammo in. So now you know what time to be there. Start hurting those people making a killing off resales by buying it up before they do.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Guys I was at Wal-Mart Greensburg, Indiana today buying dad some 12ga ammo, and the sporting goods salesman said there were several guys in there waiting for the new ammo to be put out on the shelves every morning. He said most Wal-Mart stores do that at 0700 each day they get a shipment of ammo in. So now you know what time to be there. Start hurting those people making a killing off resales by buying it up before they do.
    I was at Walmart Carmel about 6 weeks ago on Friday after work (5 pm ) and they were just then putting out a new shipment of ammo. My guess is it varies by store.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was at Walmart Carmel about 6 weeks ago on Friday after work (5 pm ) and they were just then putting out a new shipment of ammo. My guess is it varies by store.
    Might be the time of day the delivery trucks come and and are unloaded. Obviously before 0700 since he was stocking shelves by then. Doesn't hurt to check it out if you are able to.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would be shocked if any Walmart in the state is staffed or run well enough to actually restock at a consistent time.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

This, or a flavor of it, has been the talk since Sandy Hook. I finally just gave up trying to buy ammo at places like Walmart or Meijer.

Turns out the shortages at those places (at least the ones I was going to) lasted way longer than they did at regular sporting good stores. I went from just about zero availability of most things (especially 22) to all I could carry the first time I stepped into a Dunham's out of pure boredom.

This was out of town (out of state too, actually), but in the exact same shopping complex the Walmart had nothing and the Dunham's was stacked (even had stuff on sale). This would have been fall 2016, just before the election.

Sooo... If the buzzards want to circle the counter at Walmart for all time, I won't get in their way.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This, or a flavor of it, has been the talk since Sandy Hook. I finally just gave up trying to buy ammo at places like Walmart or Meijer.

Turns out the shortages at those places (at least the ones I was going to) lasted way longer than they did at regular sporting good stores. I went from just about zero availability of most things (especially 22) to all I could carry the first time I stepped into a Dunham's out of pure boredom.

This was out of town (out of state too, actually), but in the exact same shopping complex the Walmart had nothing and the Dunham's was stacked (even had stuff on sale). This would have been fall 2016, just before the election.

Sooo... If the buzzards want to circle the counter at Walmart for all time, I won't get in their way.
    Meijer had ammo?

Top Bottom