• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Mark Smith is wrong or this is an old article. If you look ammo is everywhere. Sure you have to spend time, be in the right place and time but it is out there. I just bought some 9mm JHP from Midway for .74 / rnd and got free shipping too. I Never buy from the scalpers, let’m eat it. With the exception of some SK match ammo I have only paid pre-pandemic prices for all of my ammo. I am seeing more of everything but 380 and 45 acp, every week, but I reload 380 so no worries there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mark Smith is wrong or this is an old article. If you look ammo is everywhere. Sure you have to spend time, be in the right place and time but it is out there. I just bought some 9mm JHP from Midway for .74 / rnd and got free shipping too. I Never buy from the scalpers, let’m eat it. With the exception of some SK match ammo I have only paid pre-pandemic prices for all of my ammo. I am seeing more of everything but 380 and 45 acp, every week, but I reload 380 so no worries there.
    "I have only paid pre-pandemic prices for all of my ammo"
    okay....

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Stopped in at a Dunham’s last week just to see what they had & they had always been cheaper on their ammo prices , till the day I stopped.
    They was selling 5.56 a month ago for $9.99 a box of 20 & that’s high.
    But the day I stopped it the same ammo was now $17.99 for box of 20 , so I ask Wth is up with the price jump.
    The answer I got ways its BS from the guy working there but corporate sets the prices.
    So screw Dunham’s , they lost a customer.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    .74 c a round for 9mm and that's a good deal? I must be missing something....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Paid $21.99 per box of 20 for 6.5 creedmoor today at Bass Pro. Pretty normal pricing on that. Took a 100 rounds. Their 223/556 was around .70cpr which I definitely wasn't paying that, but did probably have 20-30k rounds in stock, so that's a good thing

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I was in a LGS in Gallipolis Oh yesterday. Well stocked shelves, even pallets on the floor. No limits. Prices still higher than before the madness, but not too bad. The only thing they were short on was 9mm range ammo

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    RK is getting more stock in too.

comment regarding my previous post. Yes, JHP Winchester from Midway for my full size Ruger at 74 cents/ rnd, is decent enough to practice with, and it shoots extremely well. It is sold out as of today.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Saw ammo at Orschelns in Richmond for the first time in forever. They had some Armscor .22LR, some 5.56, 7mm Rem mag, and some shotshells. Prices were high but not exorbitant. Dunhams in Richmond also had quite a bit of ammo also. Is ammo starting to appear everywhere or just in Richmond?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Would not be surprised if the "gun violence epidemic" will be the next issue at hand since covid is basically dead. If so expect prices to hold steady if not climb back up in the near future.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Scored some 22LR at Walmart this evening, Federal Automatch 40 gr 352 for $0.055/rnd, CCI mini-mag $0.078/rnd, Winchester 12 ga 2 3/4 #8 target $0.24/rnd (limit 3).
    they had some rifle rounds as well, no centerfire pistol ammo though.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Yeah great prices on the 22 lr there. I have bought a bunch. You won’t find pistol ammo at most Walmart‘s maybe never again, but you should soon find 9mm at sporting and farm supply stores soon. First it will be at the .60 cpr prices and each month it will drop a nickel. With Rem Federal and Winchester pumping it out like mad, at some point it will get to .28 to .39 cpr by year end. Just slowly stock up as the budget allows, no need to bing, and you will wind up with a good cache in about 12 months. Slonsteady.

Top Bottom