www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meijer had ammo?
    I think its an Indiana market thing. Ive bought 22 in the height of the panic a couple years back in Hilliard, OH. But Ive never seen anything but shotgun shells or hunting rifle rounds in Indiana stores. And exempting shotgun ammo, I could carry out all the rifle ammo in the case in one trip. So even when they had it, there wasnt much.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think its an Indiana market thing. Ive bought 22 in the height of the panic a couple years back in Hilliard, OH. But Ive never seen anything but shotgun shells or hunting rifle rounds in Indiana stores. And exempting shotgun ammo, I could carry out all the rifle ammo in the case in one trip. So even when they had it, there wasnt much.

Depends where and when, I suppose. It's getting hard to knock the cobwebs out, but I remember the one I shopped at carrying pistol rounds way back... Probably the early 00s? I know for sure I bought my first box of 555 .22LR there. :)

Reflecting on the gift card comment, this was post Sandy Hook and indeed I was buying shotgun food. But... That store had all of the hunting rifle rounds you'd ever want. It seems most did too. Stuff like .270, .243, other calibers I don't know anything about, etc.

I'm not a hunter and probably wrong about this on some level, but I don't think Indiana had a rifle season at that time so those calibers always seemed to be readily available. Meijer had heaps of it. This was probably 2012-2015.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Meijer had ammo?
    My local Meijer does/did stock ammo. Most common rifle calibers (30/06. 308, 223, 22lr) and shotshells. Don't recall ever seeing handgun ammo though.
    I shop there weekly so I always run by the ammo cabinet. Usually just a box or 3 of shotshells nowadays. But the price is decent for the time. Bought a couple 25 round boxes of 3" 12 gauge birdshot for $7.49 last week

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    These may wind up being, "the good ol' days".

I'm pretty doom and gloom on most topics and I'm not ready to believe that yet. The ammo market has been highly cyclic for just about the past 20 years now. All of us knew this cycle was coming and as recently as last summer we were all being told it would take years for the ammo makers to catch up with demand. Even with what's going on now, I'm seeing the cycle continue as expected. Guns are back in stock and prices falling almost daily, but ammo is still more elusive.

All of those new buyers that soaked up everything a year ago are almost certainly not all new shooters. From the looks of things they bought that one gun, their box(es) of ammo, and forgot about it. For instance, RKguns has many entry level ARs, in stock, for prices that don't reflect the current ammo market inflation. Same thing with pistols.

I feel that if this were the new normal, the guns would be way up there too, or, be basically free because no one can afford to feed one. Kinda "average" gun prices makes me think that we're still in the bubble and the bubble will eventually burst. I don't think we'll get back to where we were, but 2-3x pricing will probably relax.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm pretty doom and gloom on most topics and I'm not ready to believe that yet. The ammo market has been highly cyclic for just about the past 20 years now. All of us knew this cycle was coming and as recently as last summer we were all being told it would take years for the ammo makers to catch up with demand. Even with what's going on now, I'm seeing the cycle continue as expected. Guns are back in stock and prices falling almost daily, but ammo is still more elusive.

All of those new buyers that soaked up everything a year ago are almost certainly not all new shooters. From the looks of things they bought that one gun, their box(es) of ammo, and forgot about it. For instance, RKguns has many entry level ARs, in stock, for prices that don't reflect the current ammo market inflation. Same thing with pistols.

I feel that if this were the new normal, the guns would be way up there too, or, be basically free because no one can afford to feed one. Kinda "average" gun prices makes me think that we're still in the bubble and the bubble will eventually burst. I don't think we'll get back to where we were, but 2-3x pricing will probably relax.
    You know the good ol' days weren't always good,
    Tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Rural King Bedford Wed Sep 1st 12:15. Not much left. I got 3. 100rds 9mm $32.99

fc8fab334437bc70493a97ac6f96f4aa.jpg

I got so excited I forgot to look if there was 223/556

I hope you people that are going to shoot it hurry up and buy so the stupid sporting good store doesn’t come up here buy it then triple the price in their store. That’s what happened to all the $8.99 5.56. It’s $18 at the sporting goods store two doors down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Rural King Bedford Wed Sep 1st 12:15. Not much left. I got 3. 100rds 9mm $32.99

I got so excited I forgot to look if there was 223/556

I hope you people that are going to shoot it hurry up and buy so the stupid sporting good store doesn’t come up here buy it then triple the price in their store. That’s what happened to all the $8.99 5.56. It’s $18 at the sporting goods store two doors down.

Looks like there was some 223 on the shelf in the photo.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Looks like there was some 223 on the shelf in the photo.

Its $13-15. I need it to be less than $10. I think thats what everyone else is thinking too because its been there forever. That ingram stuff in the little black boxes works really well for me, but I am not giving $15 for it. There was 10 or so boxes of Winchester 5.56 for $8.99 a couple days ago. I think they don’t always put all of it out. I am going to get 10 next time I see it. Forgot to look.

Down the sidewalk in the same complex Dunham’s has about 10 boxes of that same Winchester 5.56 for $17.99 each. Hmmmm wonder where that came from. They have a bunch of the norma 9mm too. Its $25 at RK and $32 in there. Do they really need to do that crap? Why would they buy all of RK’s stuff for $25 a box when they could get Blazer online for $20 a box? Im not understanding why they are doing that.

33 cents a round for 9mm is the best I have seen since shortage started. Its FMJ, Brass Case, not reloads. I should have bought all of them probably. The primers are all different shades of brown. They are not a uniform color. I hope they shoot ok.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

That place is horrible, but I had no idea they were reselling the ammo too.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Its $13-15. I need it to be less than $10. I think thats what everyone else is thinking too because its been there forever. That ingram stuff in the little black boxes works really well for me, but I am not giving $15 for it. There was 10 or so boxes of Winchester 5.56 for $8.99 a couple days ago. I think they don’t always put all of it out. I am going to get 10 next time I see it. Forgot to look.

Down the sidewalk in the same complex Dunham’s has about 10 boxes of that same Winchester 5.56 for $17.99 each. Hmmmm wonder where that came from. They have a bunch of the norma 9mm too. Its $25 at RK and $32 in there. Do they really need to do that crap? Why would they buy all of RK’s stuff for $25 a box when they could get Blazer online for $20 a box? Im not understanding why they are doing

33 cents a round for 9mm is the best I have seen since shortage started. Its FMJ, Brass Case, not reloads. I should have bought all of them probably. The primers are all different shades of brown. They are not a uniform color. I hope they shoot ok.

Let us know how the Browning 9mm works out. I have never tried it. That's not a bad price by today's standards.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Let us know how the Browning 9mm works out. I have never tried it. That's not a bad price by today's standards.
    Just in case you or others didn't know, The Browning handgun ammo is made by Winchester-Olin.

The pic earlier by CTBay gave me a grin.....The Browning stuff priced a dollar higher than the Winchester...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

do you know for a FACT that they are doing that? or, are you assuming that because of the price difference?

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Just in case you or others didn't know, The Browning handgun ammo is made by Winchester-Olin.

The pic earlier by CTBay gave me a grin.....The Browning stuff priced a dollar higher than the Winchester...
    Thanks for the info. I knew it was manufactured by someone else. I just didn't know who it was. A dollar extra for that bright yellow box instead of that plain white one. LOL.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    do you know for a FACT that they are doing that? or, are you assuming that because of the price difference?

I will concede I don’t know that for a fact. I was checking both stores for a long time. Dunhams would have NOTHING in a particular caliber while RK did have. The very next day RK is out and Dunhams has IDENTICAL ammo they didn’t have the day previous for a considerably higher price. Coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences. I will admit I didn’t see them buy it a carry down there but I have seen that scenario three times.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford

I never saw the Winchester stuff. I ignored that card because the shelf above it was empty. Why did that give you a grin? Because it came from the same factory.

I didn’t know. Thanks. What are the implications there? Is it sub-par?

Top Bottom