• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Good luck!

The last aution I was at (a few weeks ago), old Remington 22lr 100 packs went for $20 each!

9/40/45 reloads was double what you can buy new.

223 was $15-25 per box.

I'll pass...

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Good luck!

The last aution I was at (a few weeks ago), old Remington 22lr 100 packs went for $20 each!

9/40/45 reloads was double what you can buy new.

223 was $15-25 per box.

I'll pass...
    Pretty much standard fare for auctions that include firearms and firearm related items. Things usually go for what you would pay at "cheaper than dirt";)

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I 100% concur with the above opinions that all firearm related items in "firearm/ammo" auctions normally go for way above retail prices. My wife and I used to attend almost every auction within 20 - 30 mile of my home. I cannot recall one auction where a number of firearms were listed that any firearm sold below the current retail price for a new, similar or same model.

The only time I have ever seen a firearm or ammo go "cheap" was when an estate sale was held and possibly one or two firearms were listed. That apparently wasn't enough to draw the crowd that wanted to purchase the guns/ammo. Last week my second son sent me an email with an auction listing at Rossville happening 4/20, this contained several (30 or so) firearms. He thought I might be interested, I explained to him what I stated above - neither of us attended. I would be curious as to what the prices were for the various guns, but didn't see fit to waste my time attending!

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Don't participate. They bought it cheap and now they want to sell for a huge profit. That's a big part of the reason for ammo being scarce and expensive when you can find it. Let them eat the cost. Be patient and buy when it's cheaper.

Top Bottom