Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nine is the loneliest number that you ever knew...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago the KKK put on a much publicized rally downtown Indy. At that time one of the "Higher up" guys in that outfit worked with me. In the world not a bad guy. Pretty easy going and not someone I ever expected to run in that crowd. I and a few of my riding buddys were compelled to roll downtown and watch. It was a circus. The protesters outnumbered the KKK and it was, well, a Circus.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Doesn't fit the narrative, so won't get airtime. Those of us who already know this, already know this and the people being spoon fed by MSM will continue to hate Trump's America.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The city spent $400,000 on materials and $250,000 on security personnel for the rally.

Most of the materials cost was lavish spending on a "United Against Hate" PR campaign. So they spent a massive amount of taxpayer money ginning up a counter-protest, and then spent massive amounts of taxpayer money keeping the counter-protesters from murdering nine people for bad speech.

Demand for white supremacists to rage at far exceeds actual supply.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    The city spent $400,000 on materials and $250,000 on security personnel for the rally.

Most of the materials cost was lavish spending on a "United Against Hate" PR campaign. So they spent a massive amount of taxpayer money ginning up a counter-protest, and then spent massive amounts of taxpayer money keeping the counter-protesters from murdering nine people for bad speech.

Demand for white supremacists to rage at far exceeds actual supply.

On the other side of the stick, it means that a single digit number of extremists can waste an exorbitant amount of their opponent's money, time, and political capital merely by existing in public for a few hours. Granted, $650K is chump change for the establishment, and most of the counter protesters are doing it for free.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Makes you wonder if the KKK isn't working for the people selling all that stuff and getting a cut. Pretty lucrative deal.

Always follow the money

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Johnny Carson, Three Dog Night, government spending run amok, racists and counter-racists, and follow the money. This thread has everything!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How racist is it?!?

Like soooo racist, bro!

Some folks, especially outside of America, think that the US is racist because you can see KKK and Neo-nazis groups parading in the streets.
    But you have to keep in mind that in many other countries it's actually illegal to display Nazi flags or even chant racial slur.
    You probably have more racists folks in Europe, lots of neo-nazi groups, and more dangerous than the US KKK but they are underground.
    They meet in basements, not in the street.

In France I can be arrested for displaying a Nazi flag in my front yard.Or for having a swastika on my jacket.

So the folks who have them just keep them inside.

It's silly to think that because some groups are made illegal means they are just gone.

I much rather like the freedom of speech offered in the US.If there are racist scumbags in my city I want them to have the right to march int he street with their flag.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Makes you wonder if the KKK isn't working for the people selling all that stuff and getting a cut. Pretty lucrative deal.

Always follow the money

Good point. I would put on a silly costume and spew some crazy talk for a 10% cut!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Since NCR and most of the GM plants left Dayton, there is not a lot going on in that town. I grew up there, and it was always the type of city that when the people working in the offices left and went home, downtown just plain died after 5PM on Friday.

I have to wonder if this whole thing was a big-time rasslin' type of event. You know...where the home team, the visiting team, and the referees all arrived and left on the same bus.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It doesn't really matter how many show up, the narrative will be that their support runs deep they are just afraid to get on camera; they are supported by a silent majority...that must be made to pay. The people pushing that agenda are the real and far more prevalent racists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It doesn't really matter how many show up, the narrative will be that their support runs deep they are just afraid to get on camera; they are supported by a silent majority...that must be made to pay. The people pushing that agenda are the real and far more prevalent racists.

This seems to be the mainstream coverage it got. The headlines were honest about only 9 showing up. The focus of the articles I've seen, like the Time article linked in the OP, and other various articles from the usual suspects, has been the people who've come out to oppose them. The vibe is very much, we're beating them down. And as well, they should be met with opposition from everyone who opposes Nazis on our soil.

I think what would really kick in the far left's cognitive dissonance into overload would be if a bunch of MAGA hat wearing patriots showed up on their side of the street to join in the protests with anti-KKK placards too. Of course the media would still find a way to spin that weirdly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This seems to be the mainstream coverage it got. The headlines were honest about only 9 showing up. The focus of the articles I've seen, like the Time article linked in the OP, and other various articles from the usual suspects, has been the people who've come out to oppose them. The vibe is very much, we're beating them down. And as well, they should be met with opposition from everyone who opposes Nazis on our soil.

I think what would really kick in the far left's cognitive dissonance into overload would be if a bunch of MAGA hat wearing patriots showed up on their side of the street to join in the protests with anti-KKK placards too. Of course the media would still find a way to spin that weirdly.
    I’m of the mind that if MAGAs showed up to join the protest the protesters would turn on them somehow.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He passes out flyers asking people to send money to his UPS box. He also solicits on his web sight. He has to do something to justify collecting all that money. Always follow the money.

Top Bottom