America Is Going to Be Targeted for a Massive Terrorist Attack...Will You Be Ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    How can we be prepared? If we go to the Indy 500 we cannot protect ourselves. If we go to a Colts game, we cannot protect ourselves. If we go to a Pacer game, we cannot protect ourselves. And as the Russians found out, if we go to a concert venue, we cannot protect ourselves.
    If “entertainment” is more important to you than your own safety, maybe some soul
    Searching is in order. If the venue cannot keep patrons safe, why do we go there? Take charge and minimize your own risks.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    If “entertainment” is more important to you than your own safety, maybe some soul
    Searching is in order. If the venue cannot keep patrons safe, why do we go there? Take charge and minimize your own risks.
    I have worked in entertainment (concerts) for 20 years. Even though you have some valid points. Have you forgotten about the Covid lockdowns? Not a lot of entertainment was going on than. It also shut down the music industry as far as live music goes. And also not saying you are... But there is a difference between living in fear and living prepared. People always have and will always need entertainment for various reasons. And people do need to live their lives. Just saying.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    These people are way too dedicated, and there are uncountable thousands waiting to martyr themselves to the cause.
    "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
    He knows only The Cause.". With attribution to NousDefionsDoc

What are you going to do? Do you love your country enough to fight for Your Cause?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I have worked in entertainment (concerts) for 20 years. Even though you have some valid points. Have you forgotten about the Covid lockdowns? Not a lot of entertainment was going on than. It also shut down the music industry as far as live music goes. And also not saying you are... But there is a difference between living in fear and living prepared. People always have and will always need entertainment for various reasons. And people do need to live their lives. Just saying.
    I don’t live in fear of anything or anyone. Being prepared includes assessing risks and making choices. Large venues are soft targets for those seeking to do harm. I just choose not to participate in activities where the primary concern by those providing it is money and not the safety of the public.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I don’t live in fear of anything or anyone. Being prepared includes assessing risks and making choices. Large venues are soft targets for those seeking to do harm. I just choose not to participate in activities where the primary concern by those providing it is money and not the safety of the public.
    Once again, you do have valid points, and wasn't saying you do. But from someone that works in entertainment. Was just trying to help you understand a different perspective. People in general do have needs, and we all do need to live our lives. Believe this or not. I can count on one hand the places in this country were the crew even has to walk thru a metal detector to enter a venue. House Of Blues in Cleveland being the closest. I personally know a lot of touring personal that carries no mater what the laws or rules are.

musketjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    It's definitely a matter of when, not IF, any more. I live about 30 miles south of L.A. in Commiefornia and I'm concerned that all the WOKE azzhats and Metrosexuals will just throw in their towels and there will be very few of us left holding the bag. I'm 69, have no military experience, and just hope to Hell that if and when I need to pull the trigger, I'll be able to do it. If I go down, I want to go down fighting.
    God help us all.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I've been concerned about just such a thing since Mumbai.
    Furthermore, I would be surprised as all hell if a big, multifaceted, coordinated, nationwide event along similar lines hasn't been in the planning and preparation stages since that time for just for us. These people are way too dedicated, and there are uncountable thousands waiting to martyr themselves to the cause.
    I was in Mumbai in June. I can assure you that they have moved well past that event. I even stayed at the same hotel where the attack happened. Other than heightened security, life is well back to normal in Mumbai.
    Media coverage has been spotty but we got hit with a nation-wide cyber attack on our healthcare system just a short time ago. Determining what an insurance carrier will reimburse for a procedure or a drug is currently challenging but we are recovering.
    Stupid crap will happen because of skumbags but we, as a human race, will always find a way to rise above.
    I don't see the human race being sent back to the stone age regardless.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was in Mumbai in June. I can assure you that they have moved well past that event. I even stayed at the same hotel where the attack happened. Other than heightened security, life is well back to normal in Mumbai.
    Media coverage has been spotty but we got hit with a nation-wide cyber attack on our healthcare system just a short time ago. Determining what an insurance carrier will reimburse for a procedure or a drug is currently challenging but we are recovering.
    Stupid crap will happen because of skumbags but we, as a human race, will always find a way to rise above.
    I don't see the human race being sent back to the stone age regardless.
    Doesn't matter to me one damn bit if they've moved past it or not. It happened there, and it has happened now in Russia. It will happen elsewhere again. Just surprised they haven't done it here yet is all.
    It will though... one day. Tomorrow... in October... in 16 years... one day.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just heard Tim Kennedy on Shawn Ryan’s show say that the organized parts of who wants to hurt us (as opposed to the rest of the rando’s) are using algorithms to predict when they’ll be most successful.
    He used the example of maybe right now the algorithm predicts 68% success, with 300,000 people a month coming over why strike now? Why not wait until the overwhelming odds are in their favor?

They’ve got nothing to lose.
    So you ARE listening to Shawn Ryan's podcast! :-)
    Highly recommend to all.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So you ARE listening to Shawn Ryan's podcast! :-)
    Highly recommend to all.
    Yes, some.
    He’s a little out there for me in some things, but looking forward to watching you back at the smoke lodge when the time comes. Purple?

Youngest son is a huge fan of his.

Since it’s brought back up, either I misheard Tim or he misspoke, the number of crossings is definitely not 300000 a day, it’s maybe 250k a month.
    To late to edit my post by the time I looked into it and was going to let it drop but hated that misinformation out there.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah this thread has me sufficiently worked up. I think I'm gonna go to the range and dope out my go to war ammo. Lol. ( The LOL is only because it was on my to do list anyway.)

Top Bottom