• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Well, I'm in the ULS DB. Now I'm officially a General Class HAM. Chatting with some folks on the 146.700 repeater tonight.

From what I heard on some of the channels, there still is 2M packet. I played around with some PSK31, using internet sources. I don't think my TH-F6A will be that strong of a receiver on 14.070 to listen to PSK-31.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Well, I'm in the ULS DB. Now I'm officially a General Class HAM. Chatting with some folks on the 146.700 repeater tonight.

From what I heard on some of the channels, there still is 2M packet. I played around with some PSK31, using internet sources. I don't think my TH-F6A will be that strong of a receiver on 14.070 to listen to PSK-31.

Congrats man!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just a thought

It occurs to me that you guys doing the MSGs should think about an association, if possible, with the ham guys. We had them seriously involved when I was at Marion County Emergency Management!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Never did come back and update in this thread. Passed my Extra in Dec 2010. I built 40M CW and 80M SSB transceivers (fairly simple rock bound rigs), but haven't had a chance to get any wire in the air.

In the process of building my electronics/HAM workbench area, with a basement window to the outside. Will be running ladder line up to an 80M dipole, so I can tune to various bands. Plan is to replace window glass with ploycarbonite and use that for 2M/440 Coax and ladder line exit. (Have a 2M/440 J pole to mount as well.)

Top Bottom