• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I used to hold an Amateur Extra class license in the 80's but let it expire. My call sign then was KK9M. It's a great hobby but at that time, raising a family, I just couldn't justify the expense. It cost a lot of money to run with the big dogs on 75 meter phone.:laugh:

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I used to hold an Amateur Extra class license in the 80's but let it expire. My call sign then was KK9M. It's a great hobby but at that time, raising a family, I just couldn't justify the expense. It cost a lot of money to run with the big dogs on 75 meter phone.:laugh:

Wat?????
    I worked YV2BYT last night on 3.795 MHz. he was running 600 watts into a carolina windom. Took me a half hour to get through the pileup. I was running an IC-703 at 5 watts into a New Carolina Windom. :rockwoot:
    New Carolina Windom by K4IWL - Len Carson - Carolina Windom Project - New Version!

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Passed the extra written but failed the code back when 20 wpm was still required. only scored 6 out of 10 on the code test with 7 required to pass.
    studying now to upgrade from advanced to extra.
    First licensed in 1967.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    K9TLA (G) here; BTW, I have a list of 53 hams on INGO (collected by nicknames or 'ham' threads), and another 34 or so who have expressed an interest. Would like to try and start a net sometime. -- Greg

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    K9TLA (G) here; BTW, I have a list of 53 hams on INGO (collected by nicknames or 'ham' threads), and another 34 or so who have expressed an interest. Would like to try and start a net sometime. -- Greg

some of us have an informal arfcom net on tuesday evenings. Our best week checking was 14. If I remember right 5 were from Indiana. Indiana is the best represented state. We could start another one or have INGO join in.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Got my license in 1989, still have it. Since callsign lookup outs folks pretty well, I shan't give my full call sign, but early in the the N9 series :)

My old callsign was N9JVV. Is that reused after a certain time or could I re qualify and reclaim it?

With no code, the test is them just written only to get re-licensed?

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My old callsign was N9JVV. Is that reused after a certain time or could I re qualify and reclaim it?

With no code, the test is them just written only to get re-licensed?

You could requalify and get it as a vanity if it's still available, which as of today, it is. I think you'd qualify and get whatever they assigned you sequentially first, but not sure.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I think that's how it works... there's a site dedicated to vanity call tracking and information that might help you out:

N4MC's Vanity HQ

I kept thinking about applying for a new call but I just can't bear to give up NA5Z, no matter how many cool old W5 calls come up. I've had it since '82 back when Dad and I had to go to Lubbock (only offered 2x a year), Dallas, or Denver to get tested.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Hmmm. Looks like there is a test on the 18th in Franklin... The only thing I'd need to bone up on is the Part 97 regs. Electronics and all would be a breeze. Hmmm...

KB9EMZ. Forgot about my Novice call. Doesn't look like there is even a Novice class anymore.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Got my license in 1989, still have it. Since callsign lookup outs folks pretty well, I shan't give my full call sign, but early in the the N9 series :)

Considering the only thing the FCC doesn't have is my pants size, I'll follow Shibum's lead.

KB9 no-code Tech license issued in 1998. Haven't upgraded, no real need/desire to. I'd rather spend that money on other toys :ar15:

Top Bottom