• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    When I was young my dad told me to always carry a dime ! I ask whys that ? He told me to go get one of the 22 rifles , so I did and he took the dime and unscrewed the butt plate off the butt stock and there was about 10-12 22’s under the butt plate. He said if your ever out and run out of ammo you will always have extra , so always carry a dime. To this day every 22 I have has ammo under the butt plate and I carry a dime all the time. Just thought I would share this, was just thinking of some things my dad showed me. Sure miss him . I have 22’s I got when he passed and they all have ammo under the butt plate so it’s hard telling how long it’s been there ?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    this is what imo makes the sks and i believe some ak's so great, they carry that cleaning kit in the stock. You dont even need to clean them yet they still have the kit available.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Just FYI be careful if you have a plastic butt plate to tighten down even and not to much or you can break it or crack it . The lip of the bullet should stick out of the wood to give you something to grab. Don’t recess the bullet all the way in or you won’t be able to get it out .

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Smart Man ..........Good Story !
    The Savage 24 Camper Companion had the stock drilled out for ammo storage .
    2 - 20ga shotgun shells and 10-22 shells .
    I have always thought it to be a great idea to store all kinds of extra items in the stock
    ( fishing line, hooks , ferro rod , etc)
    On a side note .........my Mom always told me to carry a dime so I could use a pay phone and call home in an emergency :) .
    Sure miss her too !

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Smart Man ..........Good Story !
    The Savage 24 Camper Companion had the stock drilled out for ammo storage .
    2 - 20ga shotgun shells and 10-22 shells .
    I have always thought it to be a great idea to store all kinds of extra items in the stock
    ( fishing line, hooks , ferro rod , etc)
    On a side note .........my Mom always told me to carry a dime so I could use a pay phone and call home in an emergency :) .
    Sure miss her too !
    We were taught to always carry a dime in Boy Scouts for the pay phone too. (Which should tell you how long ago I was a Boy Scout). :):

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    It makes swapping out razor blades a lot more convenient aswell. I also keep a dime tucked away in the crevice of my simply rugged belt in case either one of the screws holding the buckle in place loosen I’ll give them a tighten every blue moon and they’re good to go! I’ve been wearing it for 9 years.
    9C922CB0-8EB1-43AB-8FEB-820578F50FCD.jpeg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Great story! I can't store ammo like that but I do carry a silver oz in my pocket with my edc.
    Thank you for sharing the story. Dad's are awesome. I hope to leave the same impression on my kids someday.

Top Bottom