• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    If I had to buy ammo, I could not afford to shoot!

DUDE! Seriously!

The cost of components for 1000 rounds of 230gr LRN 45ACP ammo using my free lead cast bullets is $31!

1000 primers= $18.50 Wolf
    1lb of Bullseye powder = $20 (Charge is 4.7gr)
    Bullets are free because I cast my own from free lead I acquire (about 600lbs on the shelf, now)
    Cases are free, they have been loaded several times now and I even got most of them free!

Saving $250 per 1000 bullets would pay for reloading equipment pretty quick at that rate. Maybe another 1000 rounds would pay off the casting equipment! ;)

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN

DUDE! Seriously!

The cost of components for 1000 rounds of 230gr LRN 45ACP ammo using my free lead cast bullets is $31!

Bullets are free because I cast my own from free lead I acquire (about 600lbs on the shelf, now)
    Cases are free, they have been loaded several times now and I even got most of them free!

Saving $250 per 1000 bullets would pay for reloading equipment pretty quick at that rate. Maybe another 1000 rounds would pay off the casting equipment! ;)

Roll my own also.:D

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

DUDE! Seriously!

And for anyone that doesn't reload, I'll match the online pricing plus shipping. And my ammo is made in Indiana, by hand.

Like I've always said.... "I'll stand behind my products, 100 percent. Just never in front of them."

Last edited:

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Yup, thats a great deal!! Wish I had the funds to order some now, Ive really been itching to take the gold cup out lately!!!

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    There are many good reasons to reload. One is economy. The other is to work up a load that shoots well out of your weapon that has the right amount of kick and I can load them up as hot as I want. (Within specs) One reason I do it is the learning of the amount of effort it takes to create 50 perfect rounds that are exactly like the other 49.
    It takes patience and lots of reading. Once you have these done and the outcome of all your work puts your rounds in a great looking group. It is an art all in itself. You can reload in a hurry and get some plinking rounds and then you can reload for the challenge. There are many factors and lost to the worlds gone by. But you will know how if a time should come that componets are not available that you can do what only others may not be able to do.
    So that is why I reload. If they outlaw the componets, I have them, if EPA starts raising the bar on the lead and other things. Having the ability to make rounds that ri

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've thought about casting my own bullets...where are some good places to find cheap, or even better free, lead?

Top Bottom