• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have experience with these holsters. People on Reddit seem to love them because they make custom molds for almost any handgun you can think of. Plan on getting something iwb

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I have one of their hybrid iwb holsters with different kydex shells for different pistols. I like it for the cost. It's comfortable and holds the pistol secure.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've not been impressed with them. In my experience people who carry infrequently usually love them, but people that carry every day usually end up ditching them.

Worked with a guy who carried a 228 in one every day. It was rough looking after one year. It was in way worse shape than my Foxx holster that was several years older, and also a "budget" brand holster.

Alex928

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2018
    Indianapolis
    AlienGear is pretty good for the price but as the other commenter said, if you’re looking to wear a holster every day it’s worth it to shell out the extra cash for a better holster. Only problem is you might have to go through 3-4 before you find one that is sturdy and comfortable for you :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've not been impressed with them. In my experience people who carry infrequently usually love them, but people that carry every day usually end up ditching them.

Worked with a guy who carried a 228 in one every day. It was rough looking after one year. It was in way worse shape than my Foxx holster that was several years older, and also a "budget" brand holster.

That's odd. I have used them iwb leather, and the 3.5 version i work outside year round, lot of bending and twisting. They are my go to holster for iwb. Not had a more comfortable or long lasting holster and I've tried many wasted lots of money over the years. Oh I wear mine around 12 hours a day except Sunday when I'm off and relaxing around the house. I use it for the S&W M&P Shield 45 for warm weather, and the CZ P10F for cooler weather. Have not had a problem with them at all. Very comfortable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've worn one for close to 8 years. The 3.0 got crunchy. I contacted them they sent me the 3.5 which has the steel liner in it that was over 4 years ago. Not had a problem with the leather or the 3.5 except the nylon clips wear out and I get free clips just by getting ahold of customer service. They shipped me 2 pair of clips last time. The clips last me about 3-4 years then they get loose. Thinking about trying out their leather clips.

Mcooke914

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2020
    Marion
    I’ve ran mine for about 2 1/2 years, no complaints. Played kickball with a sw mp9c, slid into base and forgot I had it on. Adjustable retention, adjustable cant.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If I have my pants on I'm armed so my holsters are well used. I have a 4.0 and it works very well for me. Comfortable as well as durable. I swap between the Aliengear and a RCS because some days I just like the smaller profile of the RCS.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…Glock/ M&P Certified armorer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT]

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I have one, but I'm phasing it out, just waiting on a Tier 1 holster arriving. I found that I had to switch out the hardware on my Alien Gear to metal hardware. The plastic hardware felt light, and sometimes walked a little off the belt.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Does anyone have experience with these holsters. People on Reddit seem to love them because they make custom molds for almost any handgun you can think of. Plan on getting something iwb
    I have two. the OWB and the 4.0 Shapeshifter IWB. Both are comfortable and do a good job of concealment. Both completely cover the trigger guard and both have a great retainer system.

Top Bottom