• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have a couple of gun that I don't carry often due to not having a comfy IWB holster. I see that Alien gear has a deal on a set of two but wonder if people prefer their leather backed IWB to the new steel spring 3.0 model.

Anyone had the original and new version and like the cheaper model better?

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I know it's not helpful, but I have the 3.0, and I forget that I'm even carrying.

I know I read a lot of feedback on the older models, when researching AG holsters, and the 3.0 is seen as the solution for all of the prior models gripes.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Got the original for the Taurus. After the initial break in, it's super comfy. A little saddle soap on the body side softens it up quickly.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I can't comment on the original AG holster, I do have a 3.0 and it is pretty comfortable. As far as IWB carry goes anyway. I replaced the plastic belt clips with Ulticlips. Big improvement IMO. I prefer to clip onto my pants so I have free range on movement with my belt. That feels less confined to me. Plus it shows no belt clips making it even more concealed. I think they run around $9-$10. Just FYI.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I carry a 5" XD in the original AG holster when I want to conceal(which really isn't very often). It's comfortable and I haven't had any problems with it. I was thinking about picking up a 3.0 to check out, just haven't gotten around to it yet

tomylee0123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Lafayette
    I have the original leather alien gear IWB, cloak 2, and cloak 3. I like cloak 3 best since it has extra layer of neoprene and the most comfortible of them all. The first version is not very comfortible and it takes time for break in. However, I dont like their plastic clips because they are soft and weak. If you want to get the cloak 3, make sure to get the metal clip instead.

I have a couple of gun that I don't carry often due to not having a comfy IWB holster. I see that Alien gear has a deal on a set of two but wonder if people prefer their leather backed IWB to the new steel spring 3.0 model.

Anyone had the original and new version and like the cheaper model better?

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    I think it depends on what guns you are carrying but I carried a G43 in the older 3.0 for about 6 months daily and though it was pretty awesome; didn't even know it was there. But the 43 is almost like carrying nothing. I have not tried their new holsters. but the cool thing about Alien gear is that you can always trade out the molded kydex portion of the holster for a brand new mold of another gun if you end up getting something else.

drylkuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I have been carrying my Beretta PX4 Compact in the cloak 3 for about a year now. It has been a fantastic, comfortable holster. My only gripe with it is that some of the screws will occasionally loosen up. A drop of Locktite would fix that without much effort.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I have had the 3.0 for several years and it looks like new. I got the plastic clips and they have held up well. there is a ten dollar difference. I would spend the ten to make sure I wear it.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I can go all day wearing my AG 3.0 and not notice. It doesn't even bother me sitting in the car. I had a little issue with a belt clip about a year ago. I caught it on the car door. I just chatted with them on their website and the sent me a whole new holster for free! I just bought a new belt clip and now I have 2 holsters, 1 that I haven't even worn yet after a year. I was really sold after their great customer service experience.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    My brother lives down in Texas and bought the full AG package (IWB/OWB/Mag Pouches/OWB Dock) and has been pretty happy with it. He's run them through a few 2 day classes and carries in the TX weather. He called them and ordered over the phone just to test the customer service and reported nothing but good comments.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have a 3.0 for the XDM's.
    happy with it so far. Just as good if not better than some of the more expensive IBW holsters out there.

Top Bottom