• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Are you aiming this at anyone in particular?

On a personal note, I've been house and pet-sitting for a week with exactly one bottle of beer on hand.

Wasn't aiming it at anyone in this thread. Just saying that if it's so important to be able to drink while doing absolutely everything during one's day, maybe that person has a problem. To me, I love drinking beer as much as the next red-blooded American man, but it doesn't effect how much fun I'm having if I can't have one while doing sed activity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Freedom is simply something different, maybe something less than what it seemed you were describing. I love to challenge the distinctions of my favorite words just to get people thinking about them.

I grabbed a couple dictionary definitions for freedom which seem suitable to me:

Any undue coupling with further notions, even noble ones, like respect, responsibility, accountability or stewardship, fundamentally modify its meaning and common association.

The essence of freedom should not be seen as any of those noble things, for our government is currently far more free in definition than we the individual people - not at all a good thing. Our government was not created to be free, the design actually called for shackles of constraint.

...and back on topic (sorta kinda), I choose not to drink

...because I am free. ;)

Thank you.
    I see your points.
    Thought has been initiated.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    If you really feel you need to drink while shooting and drinking can't wait and that you can't possibly have fun while shooting without drinking, you my friend, are probably an alcoholic.

this.

my issue isnt that "nobody should ever drink while shooting" - its that there are SOME people (people i know) who shouldnt be trusted with ANYTHIGN other than a straight jacket after they have been drinking. most folks may be able to handle themselves, be responsible, etc. - but there must be a line drawn. if there were ONE person in the world who wasnt responsible, the rules would have to cater to that idiot.

because of that, you can NOT have people drinking and shooting.

if you want to let people get ****house drunk at your private range, go right ahead. just dont come crying here when it goes downhill.

Top Bottom