• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    Do you like it? I've been looking for a 5.56 AK for a while and the market is pretty dry right now.
    I don't have a Jack, but I do have a number of 5.56 AKs. The Beryl by FB Radom is still available and is really high quality and what I generally recommend if you can swing a few hundred more.

WBP is generally pretty good though. A commercial company, but they do work with the military company (FB Radom) quite a bit from what I see. They'd be my second choice on what's available new right now. I know a few guys who run them. I'll probably look to add one to the collection eventually. And they take more standard AKM furniture.

The Beryl takes some AKM, but it's more similar to a Tantal on furniture, specifically the upper handguard.

Just avoid Pioneer honestly.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Do you like it? I've been looking for a 5.56 AK for a while and the market is pretty dry right now.

WBP has been solid so far, I have a 7.62 jack pistol that eats and eats, this 556 jack is about to hit 1K round count. The WBP mags fit tight as do the new gen 2 AC Unity, which surprisingly work well.

The more I shoot and break it, the better the groups keep getting. No issues here. I only got this so I wouldn’t have to deal with beryl specific furniture/add ons. Normal AKM accessories save for the ultimak fit as normal, the barrel profile is a bit short for the normal ultimak from what I’ve tried.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    WBP has been solid so far, I have a 7.62 jack pistol that eats and eats, this 556 jack is about to hit 1K round count. The WBP mags fit tight as do the new gen 2 AC Unity, which surprisingly work well.

The more I shoot and break it, the better the groups keep getting. No issues here. I only got this so I wouldn’t have to deal with beryl specific furniture/add ons. Normal AKM accessories save for the ultimak fit as normal, the barrel profile is a bit short for the normal ultimak from what I’ve tried.
    That's good to know. I'm looking at one of their furnitureless build kits right now and I wanted to put the alpha furniture from MWI on it. I know it comes with a tang rear trunnion, so I'll have to figure out how to change that to a pic rail rear.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    That's good to know. I'm looking at one of their furnitureless build kits right now and I wanted to put the alpha furniture from MWI on it. I know it comes with a tang rear trunnion, so I'll have to figure out how to change that to a pic rail rear.

I picked up the KUSA side folder adaptor with a buffer. They are suprisingly stout!

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I don't have a Jack, but I do have a number of 5.56 AKs. The Beryl by FB Radom is still available and is really high quality and what I generally recommend if you can swing a few hundred more.

WBP is generally pretty good though. A commercial company, but they do work with the military company (FB Radom) quite a bit from what I see. They'd be my second choice on what's available new right now. I know a few guys who run them. I'll probably look to add one to the collection eventually. And they take more standard AKM furniture.

The Beryl takes some AKM, but it's more similar to a Tantal on furniture, specifically the upper handguard.

Just avoid Pioneer honestly.
    My buddy runs a beryl as his primary NODS gun and he's had all kinds of reliability problems with it. I also really don't like their whacky optic rail method. I learned my leason with Zastava and a tantal in the past about buying AKs with proprietary parts, makes furniture shopping a nightmare. I really want an AKM this time, but the WBP should fit the alpha furniture is my understanding.

GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    My buddy runs a beryl as his primary NODS gun and he's had all kinds of reliability problems with it. I also really don't like their whacky optic rail method. I learned my leason with Zastava and a tantal in the past about buying AKs with proprietary parts, makes furniture shopping a nightmare. I really want an AKM this time, but the WBP should fit the alpha furniture is my understanding.
    The only proprietary parts really is the upper handguard, selector and that optics rail. Anything else AKM can fit it, might need a little filing but it'll work. You can even run a TWS dustcover rail on it or put on a Master mount side mount.

Sucks they're having issues. Most tend to be good, mine runs anything and I've put it through a number of competitions, probably 3-4K rounds.

Not all 5.56 AKs like all 5.56 AK mags. The mags tend to be the weak spot. My Beryl runs about any mag, but my SLR106 doesn't like a few brands. Likewise my friends Beryl doesn't like all mags. Atlantic/AOA concert the rifles, so I have to guess there's a little variance in the magwell openings over time.

By Alpha do you mean Zenitco specifically or just any railed system? The WBP is AKM, so yeah it'll fit the common stuff. Again, Beryl can except for the upper HG, but a little fitting will be needed here and there. Nothing crazy, just a little. But I get not wanting to deal with it too.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    The only proprietary parts really is the upper handguard, selector and that optics rail. Anything else AKM can fit it, might need a little filing but it'll work. You can even run a TWS dustcover rail on it or put on a Master mount side mount.

Sucks they're having issues. Most tend to be good, mine runs anything and I've put it through a number of competitions, probably 3-4K rounds.

Not all 5.56 AKs like all 5.56 AK mags. The mags tend to be the weak spot. My Beryl runs about any mag, but my SLR106 doesn't like a few brands. Likewise my friends Beryl doesn't like all mags. Atlantic/AOA concert the rifles, so I have to guess there's a little variance in the magwell openings over time.

By Alpha do you mean Zenitco specifically or just any railed system? The WBP is AKM, so yeah it'll fit the common stuff. Again, Beryl can except for the upper HG, but a little fitting will be needed here and there. Nothing crazy, just a little. But I get not wanting to deal with it tooI was refering
    No I was gonna get the MWI Alpha series, zenitco is just to much coin with current events going on.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Might try this

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Kalashnikov USA side fold buffer assembly.

df9be896cff5625c0b0944dc3c59209f.jpg

14760044da01c388e30c5ed69bdbc0d4.jpg

97ecfef26a77c917e1584ee9ddf68e5e.jpg

ccf8163db879dd0e608c2b98c59e4c35.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2023
    Indiana
    Zastava M85 Krinkov clone project I am working on. Added the Russian Red wooden handguards, Polish Bakelite pistol grip, and a Russian Tula plum Bakelite magazine with a Pod Arms 556 follower. I already got a tax stamp approved for it, now just need to decide if I am going the triangle folding stock route or turn it into an under folder.
    IMG_1731.jpg

Top Bottom