• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    In order to save more than a few bucks, years ago I bought a casefeeder off of EBay. At the time I was only thinking of .223 so that was the only shell plate I got. Fast forward to today, I’m thinking I want to feed some pistol cases. I don’t find any plates on eBay except Dillon and can’t find the seller I originally bought from. None of the parts of my case feeder have any labels. I’d love to find the guy that used to sell them for the pistol plates and such.
    I was wondering if maybe Dillon shut him down through legal means.
    Anybody have contact info or any other ideas besides buying another feeder from Dillon?

Thanks, Matt

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Post pics here and maybe someone can ID it and give you contact info or at least closure if the maker's out of business. Is it 3d printed? A couple of us have printers, someone would probably be willing to run you off another plate for a lot less than a Dillon.

If it's a full-size one that takes the dillon plates, hornady plates also fit and are a few bucks cheaper.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Here’s a couple pics. It was from before 3D printers became popular. I bought it probably 2013-15 I think.

Attachments

• 48A57F46-8C36-46A1-B499-398BB8108767.jpeg
      48A57F46-8C36-46A1-B499-398BB8108767.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 18
    • 02B33E4D-F74C-4748-A477-88FC756D8025.jpeg
      02B33E4D-F74C-4748-A477-88FC756D8025.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 18
    • 770DAECD-241A-4C72-96B5-65B29EE453F9.jpeg
      770DAECD-241A-4C72-96B5-65B29EE453F9.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 18

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Here’s a couple pics. It was from before 3D printers became popular. I bought it probably 2013-15 I think.
    To my eyes, that looks like a very well done home made case feeder. 5 Gallon bucket. Conduit and straps from HW store. The plate looks like it's just cut from a sheet of acrylic. The humps are sliced from acrylic rods.

Squirt a few drops of acetone on the flat of the cut rod, place it on the cut out acrylic plate, and it fuses them together better than glue. If you or someone you know can cut the acrylic, it should be doable to just make what you need (IF you cant find the guy that did this one). The only trick is the hardware that holds the plate to the motor, but you can swap off of the one you now have.

I can see how they made it, but I guarantee it wouldn't look that good if I tried to make it!

Side note - I was going to make one a while back. The Hornady one just seemed insanely expensive to me. After a couple of years tweaking the design over and over in my head, and never getting one built, I gave up and bought the Hornady. Too many of those projects stuck in my head and needed to let some go.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    To my eyes, that looks like a very well done home made case feeder. 5 Gallon bucket. Conduit and straps from HW store. The plate looks like it's just cut from a sheet of acrylic. The humps are sliced from acrylic rods.

Squirt a few drops of acetone on the flat of the cut rod, place it on the cut out acrylic plate, and it fuses them together better than glue. If you or someone you know can cut the acrylic, it should be doable to just make what you need (IF you cant find the guy that did this one). The only trick is the hardware that holds the plate to the motor, but you can swap off of the one you now have.

I can see how they made it, but I guarantee it wouldn't look that good if I tried to make it!

Side note - I was going to make one a while back. The Hornady one just seemed insanely expensive to me. After a couple of years tweaking the design over and over in my head, and never getting one built, I gave up and bought the Hornady. Too many of those projects stuck in my head and needed to let some go.

As I've become less young and poorly paid, I'm finding myself doing the same with a number of projects. Valuing my time more and more.

Top Bottom