• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    200k isn't counting Taliban supporters and loyalists throughout the country. Not sure what those numbers are -- probably not massive, but not totally insignificant either
    And those numbers will increase now that they have control. People won’t register as taliban while Americans are there fighting the taliban. I get the point alpo was making tho.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

giphy.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This reminds me so much of Iran in the 70s, next phase will be hostages taken by different factions in the Taliban. The Biden/Blinken show will be talking to the "leadership" which in reality won't have any control of the factions with the hostages.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Was that the same video where the subtitles were completely fabricated and he was actually quoting the Q'uran?
    In this clip he's speaking Pashto I believe (native language to many Afghans), and Pashto has some Arabic words so I could piece together some of what he's saying. For example during the part early on about interpreters -- the word for interpreter in Arabic is "mutarjim" which he says a few times there, and his mannerisms match up to what is being supposedly said. This translation seems more accurate.

In that NBC broadcast, this guy starts speaking Pashto after the Arabic prayer but the video quickly transitions to a guy speaking English. I think NBC probably had the right translation of what was said in Pashto, but mistakenly overlaid that translation text during his introductory Arabic prayer. I think it was an error of timing and those translations were actually said, not total fabrication on NBC's part.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This time he's speaking Pashto I believe (native language to many Afghans)
    You know, this first line of your quote illustrates just how fractured Afghanistan is and always has been. It's not that large of a country. The fact that you have so many different languages that are "native" shows that they will likely never be united under one government. I mean I know China has several dialects as well, but they cover a lot more territory. But we're not talking dialects. We're talking completely different languages.

It would be like people in east Texas speaking a totally different language from those in west Texas.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    You know, this first line of your quote illustrates just how fractured Afghanistan is and always has been. It's not that large of a country. The fact that you have so many different languages that are "native" shows that they will likely never be united under one government. I mean I know China has several dialects as well, but they cover a lot more territory. But we're not talking dialects. We're talking completely different languages.

It would be like people in east Texas speaking a totally different language from those in west Texas.
    Yep, give us a few decades without motorized transportation and see how different people sound in Alabama.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, give us a few decades without motorized transportation and see how different people sound in Alabama.
    That's still just a difference of dialects. Not a difference in language. Differences in dialects can be overcome a lot easier than speaking entirely different languages.

For example, even though at times it seemed like HarleyRider50 seemed to be speaking a different language, it was really just a difference in dialect. :):

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Digging into the history of Afghanistan with all the trade periods and the invasions much because of the trade routes, being a crossroads of peoples, empires and religions: It's fascinating stuff.

Comparing the square miles to something like the various nations / regions of Europe, then comparing to the US; it gave me something to chew on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Well plenty of people in California and Oregon seem like they're speaking a different language at times

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I heard this yesterday, I thought it was a joke. It had to been from The Bee. Somebody was making a joke and taken seriously. Then I saw the video.

United Nations Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield boasted Tuesday the U.S. had used a "very strongly worded press statement" from the U.N. Security Council to tell the repressive Taliban it must respect women's rights and humanitarian law.

As reports of violent repression against women and U.S. allies by the Taliban alarm the globe, Thomas-Greenfield told CNN's Wolf Blitzer the U.S. would be "watching" closely.

Top Bottom