• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The taliban are hardline Muslims who I sincerely doubt will help the Chinese track down down escaped uighers.

Keep in mind that there are different sects of muslims, and they are often more than willing to kill each other. I'm not sure where the uighers fit in that spectrum.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It's like Vietnam, every nation eventually has a go at it, but fails miserably.

At this point, it's an excuse for a welfare check to defense contractors.

Which is why so many of the politicians are looking for any excuse to stay there, and escalate further. They've got to make their donors happy, and get ready for their consultant position when they leave office.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The military industrial complex has an agenda to keep us in constant combat. Get in, stay for long periods, accomplish nothing, then do partial withdrawal, and bam have to go back in to fix the situation that they started/allowed in the first place. Our involvement is contrary to our establishments founding. I am a veteran, and am glad I am no longer involved in this craptastic dilemma. ~"One Man's Opinion!"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This whole debacle kind of puts an end to the 2nd amendment debate of “can a man with a rifle oppose the government”
    It depends on the will of the government to use all the resources at its means and completely disregard the lives of all their people even the ones who disagree with the, vs the will of the people with rifles to disregard their own lives, and the lives of their loved ones, for the sake of tomorrow.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can't help but wonder if this is when I get to see the Fall of Saigon in real time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only thing the Afgan "Army" did with the arms that the US supplied them with is surrender them to the taliban.
    That’s kinda what really pisses me off about this. We were over there trying to make a democracy, and many of them DID want a democracy. But, it looks to me like more people really wanted a theocracy. So the pro-democracy people didn’t know who to trust even in their own government. Win hearts and minds my ass. That’s where we really lost. And it was always gonna be that way.

Our mission should always have been narrow: to jam an American flagged pole in the skulls of the people who planned 911, strap their carcasses to the closest thing resembling a tree in the middle of the ********, and then leave.

And Iraq should never have been in the discussion in the first place. It’s not our place to rescue people from their own tyrannical governments.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    To get off my policy soapbox for a minute

as a veteran who supported OEF in an active role and a guy who lost friends in that sh**hole I am pretty peeved that we are in the situation. But We can’t turn back the hands of time or bring our lost brothers and sisters back so the best we can do is stop the flow of American blood.

anyone who knows a vet of the Afghan war should reach out to them and check in. This is messing with some pretty bad.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How many things can the current administration screw up? They must hold a record. The American people chose personality over competence. We and Afghans are paying the price. My heart goes out to the vets of this war, especially to those who were seriously wounded and the families of those slain.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    To get off my policy soapbox for a minute

as a veteran who supported OEF in an active role and a guy who lost friends in that sh**hole I am pretty peeved that we are in the situation. But We can’t turn back the hands of time or bring our lost brothers and sisters back so the best we can do is stop the flow of American blood.

anyone who knows a vet of the Afghan war should reach out to them and check in. This is messing with some pretty bad.
    I have differing views on this whole situation than a lot here, but because I`m not a vet, I suppose my views don`t carry much weight. I`ll just bacl out of here, but I do agree with what you`re saying. Those who have been through it there on the ground have a right to be upset.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How many things can the current administration screw up? They must hold a record. The American people chose personality over competence. We and Afghans are paying the price. My heart goes out to the vets of this war, especially to those who were seriously wounded and the families of those slain.
    And, our hearts should go out to those living there in Afghanistan who trusted that America wouldn`t surrender them to the evil and brutality of the taliban after the U.S. encouraged them to speak out against them and their filthy sharia law. Now they`re abandoned and they know they`ll be brutalized for speaking up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It depends on the will of the government to use all the resources at its means and completely disregard the lives of all their people even the ones who disagree with the, vs the will of the people with rifles to disregard their own lives, and the lives of their loved ones, for the sake of tomorrow.
    I don't know. The Russians didn't fare any better than we did there, and they were a lot more ruthless.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'll see your current and raise you 2 previous.

Top Bottom