• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    There's an easy way to get a title for a vehicle you legitimately own. You go down to the BMV, and apply for one. They might want you to get it inspected by a LEO.

So, if they guy doesn't have a title, pass on it.

There are plenty of bikes out there like what you want. Just keep looking.

I've got a 80 CB750K, but it's in need of some work (tune up and tires.) Wife generously replaced it with a 2008 Triumph Bonneville so I could ride with her.

I've always had good luck with both auto-rv and ebay.

AutoRV.com - Ad Details

AutoRV.com - Ad Details

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Found a bike. Took it out for a test ride today. It looks and drives brand spanking new. The current owner took delivery and never rode it.

Best thing is, although I searched classifieds, when I called them up they are the next block over. (well, our neighborhoods are not squared-off blocks) And they actually takes strolls near us. So, very conveniently located. So much so that I just drove it to my house for my wife to look at it.

She doesn't know one bike from another, but she thinks it looks very nice.

I'll likely buy it tonight. Where can a guy get a helmet (not expensive...right now) around town? Besides the obvious places. Not sure if there are other places that one might not normally otherwise think about.

Oh, since it's so nice and hardly used, I upped my budget target. Oh well. :)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That Triumph looks nice.

There's an easy way to get a title for a vehicle you legitimately own. You go down to the BMV, and apply for one. They might want you to get it inspected by a LEO.

So, if they guy doesn't have a title, pass on it.

There are plenty of bikes out there like what you want. Just keep looking.

I've got a 80 CB750K, but it's in need of some work (tune up and tires.) Wife generously replaced it with a 2008 Triumph Bonneville so I could ride with her.

I've always had good luck with both auto-rv and ebay.

AutoRV.com - Ad Details

AutoRV.com - Ad Details

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My dental perfection was already ruined from a time when full-faced were not out yet. I bent my crossbar (handlebar) with my lower teeth and jaw! And it didn't even knock me out or hurt much except for the raw teeth nerves. But at least it taught me at a young age that pain is just a sensation. Since that day, and I remember sitting in the dentist chair, I have NEVER been numbed for any dental procedure. Includes 4 root canals (stemming from the accident) and more than I can count drilling and fillings, some to the gumline on parts of the teeth. One dentist said "I'd be prying everyone else off the ceiling by now". :)

So the horse is already out of the barn for protecting my FACE. :)

But, I would still like to see what full faced helmets are out there.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    how much you looking to spend? and perhaps more importantly, what size/shape head? Fit is THE most important thing when considering a helmet. Can't stress that enough. FITFITFITFIT!

I've got a closet full of full face helmets in used but serviceable condition. All high end Shoei and AGV. (I've got another closet full of the same model helmet that I've crash tested at triple digit speeds. I've already got a bunch of titanium plates in my face and skull, so I don't mess around with head protection anymore :))

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not mine yet. Someone could still beat me to the payment. And I'm having a bit of PRE-buyer's remorse... wondering if I'm being too selfish?

ishackimageg.jpg

So where are the pic's of said bike?????

:postpics:

Top Bottom