• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I'm considering getting a PSA enhanced polished trigger (Nib) and jp enhanced reliability 3.5lb spring kit ($60 total for the spring/trigger) to improve my Stag 2Ts trigger, which honestly isn't terrible but it kind of gritty. I was also eyeing the CMC 4.5lb trigger that primary arms has on sale for about $135 shipped. My only concern with the cmc is that some reviews I've read on them say they do not reliably ignite hard berdan type primers like those found in cheaper ammo. I don't shoot steel ammo currently, but I'd like to be able to have the choice at least.

What's your opinions on this INGO? Is the CMC worth it? I don't shoot frequently (black friday ammo sales might fix that problem hah!) and my gun will see most use at the range or hunting, but being my only AR its also my SHTF gun. The CMC price falls into the max limit of my trigger budget, so no Geisseles or anything.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    JMHO, no one needs less than a 5 lb trigger, unless you are long range shooting .....

Too much chance of a ND .....

Again, JMHO .....

I've had a 3.5 in my SBR for years because I wanted consistency between it and my sniper rifle, it hasn't caused any issues for me.

A friend of mine runs JP spring kits and loves them. I think he had an issue at one point and had to switch to a different spring but I'd consider that rare considering how many rifles he's installed them into.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got used to POF triggers which are set at 4.5 pounds but feel a lot less. Have a 3.5 pound flat bar in my MPX. Once you get used to the pull it's fine and I love the crispness and short reset.

I'm just not huge into CMC triggers

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The LaRue MBT triggers are on sale for $99 "I can wait", or a bit more if "I got to have it now".

I just installed three of them, I like them a good bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got used to POF triggers which are set at 4.5 pounds but feel a lot less. Have a 3.5 pound flat bar in my MPX. Once you get used to the pull it's fine and I love the crispness and short reset.

I'm just not huge into CMC triggers

ALG makes a decent trigger that has a 4.5 and a 3.5 lb. spring.
    $69 last one I bought.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    The LaRue MBT triggers are on sale for $99 "I can wait", or a bit more if "I got to have it now".

I just installed three of them, I like them a good bit.
    Looking at their website, that trigger seems to fit what I'm trying to find. I'll add that to the list for sure. Have you had any issues with steel ammo (assuming you shoot any)?

Ok, you guys have piqued my interest in the ALG trigger, I'm a sucker for a killer price on a good product. How have those who've installed them find them? Smooth and crisp?

I won't be using this gun for any competition, so I'm not worried about finding the perfect trigger. I just want something better than the bottom of the barrel (I'm looking at you mil-spec!).

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Wow, I didn't realize how easy it was to have an affordable and quality Ar-15 trigger, here I am thinking I MUST buy a CMC or a Geissele.
    I'm still dedating between the ALG and MBT, I noticed the ALG seems to have nickel coating on the trigger where your finger meets, does this make a big difference on trigger control? I've heard some complain about slick triggers on other Nib coated triggers.

I'm also interested in the MBT because of the 4.5lb trigger being a stock feature and I really just like the "look" of the trigger. I'm only wary of the reliability of this trigger, I've found some reviews online, but none seemed to mention using this trigger with NATO spec primer ammo.

Edit: Just found a website where the author claimed the MBT didn't affect primer ignition reliability. I'm really leaning towards the larue MBT at this time, seems like a good trigger package. http://john1911.com/lightening-the-ar-trigger-pull/

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I keep posting this as I own a ton of triggers. The Larue MBT is the best deal going on any AR trigger right now. It is equal to the geissele SSA-e. it also feels much better to me. It has a slightly wider trigger shoe and just feels good. Plus you get a ton of swag with it. Dillo dust, bumper stickers, a hat, pocket constitutions, and a dillo beverage entry tool.

The MBT is an exceptional deal

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Ordered the Larue MBT at the "I can wait" price. Was about $108 or so shipped. I'm already anxious to try it out, but I expect it will arrive in a month or so, so I'll have to wait.

Also picked up a case of wolf gold so I can get some one on one time with my new trigger :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For me the Rise Armament RA140 drop in unit is an Awesome upgrade for less than a $100 bucks, super clean break and easy installation. RISE Armament RA-140 Super Sporting Performance Trigger I have a CMC flat blade also that I love, but in all honestly Ill probably end up getting another one of these Rise triggers for my SBR.

1st I have seen of this.
    I sure would have bought this one today but I just ordered an ALG for the current build.....:(

Top Bottom