ADDED/NEW Managing Confrontations, Indy, April 6, 2014!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Due to the first class filling up so quickly and others still looking to get in, our gracious host has allowed us to schedule a second day. This class will be the same class as the first day except different students. Who knows, there may even be special guest stars the second day. There are only 8 spots available this second day.

Do you know what to do if approached by a potentially violent aggressor? Can you tell the difference between an aggressive panhandler and the beginnings of a true criminal assault? This course will give you a framework for understanding these interactions and a pre-fight overview. You’ll finish the course with a solid framework on what a fight will look like, how to deescalate the situation, how to know deescalation has failed, and how to give yourself the best chance of winning without a devastating legal aftermath.
    Learn More & See Upcoming Dates

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So we have had a number of people ask a question we should address. "Are there any prerequisites or do I have to be at a certain level to take this class?" Absolutely not. Josh has put big numbers of super beginners through the shortened version of this class. These were people who had zero situational awareness, no combative skills, no verbal skills, and it didn't matter, they learned a ton. Conversely there have been a number of people go through the class similar to our first sign-up. Someone with a championship MMA or jujitsu background and they have still learned something. They may be great on the ground, but there is a whole world of stuff before that. Stuff like movement, verbal skills, posture, pre assault cues, etc..

I learn something new every time we do the class. In part because Josh is constantly progressing and trying out new things on me.;) Another big part of it is because every student brings their own life experiences and strengths or weaknesses to the class. Everybody in attendance can learn from what works and what doesn't work for both themselves as well as others.

The bottom line is, there is absolutely no reason to be intimidated out of taking this class, and no, you won't hold anyone back if you are less than a Ninja.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I saw this class awhile back here on INGO and sent a message to Mike asking if there would be a class close to Indy. Message back said he would keep me in mind, so he did. My spouse and I are hosting this class and looking forward to meeting Mike & Josh for a good learning experience.

As it seems there are more and more bad things happening to people, I thought this would be a good investment for myself and spouse.

Be aware and stay safe...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    We are still looking for some more students for the Sunday class. I am hoping by early April I will be able to drive down there without having to fight my way through the snow. Who else is up for some educational interaction, and testing against live resistance?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Emails went out today for those who signed up for this class. The address where the class is being held and other details are included. If for some reason you signed up but did not get an Email, please let us know. There are still some spots available for the Sunday class. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Just in case any of you are still on the fence, or want to take us up on the family discount, there is still time to sign up. There are a couple of spots left on Sunday. There is also a spot open on Saturday due to someone switching from Saturday to Sunday.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Family discount? Guessing it's to late once we have paid. Darn the luck.

Nope, not too late. First family member, $150.00. Each additional member of the household gets in for $100.00. If you want to sign someone else up there is a dropdown for that on the site, or just contact us. If you have already signed up more than just yourself (I didn't notice), I will make it right.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I won't say too much right now, but wanted to give a quick thank you to jdhaines and cedartop for bringing this crucial training to the Indy area and to our very kind host couple for opening their home to a bunch of miscreants. It was nice to meet, or re-meet, all who attended.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We had a nice group of students for yesterday's class. A big thanks to Turf Doctor for hosting Paladin Combatives in the Indy area. I'll have a full report up in the next couple of days.

Also, if you've never been choked out by iChokePeople before, I highly recommend it! :):

Top Bottom