• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Root

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    After a hearty Cracker Barrel brunch, (mmm Cracker Barrel :):) I was fortunate to spend a couple of hours with Coach and Rhino from ACT yesterday. I took the opportunity for private instruction to serve as a fundamentals primer and skill level evaluation before signing up for group training courses.

It was awesome. These are a couple of the nicest guys you'll meet and they really know their stuff. Equally as important, they know how to teach it. If there is one thing I do know, it's being able to spot a good teacher. This was step by step instruction with "the why" included and they adapted training to my skill level. This kept the training comfortable, fun and challenging.

Briefly, and it's still soaking in so I may miss something, we did safety, draw, grip, trigger, reloads, dealing with malfunctions, moving, strong hand, weak hand etc, and so much more. This was a great intro to defensive and competitive shooting. I feel like I got a taste of what it means to "work" a gun. It was tailored to be exactly what I needed and turned out to be everything I hoped and more. I have alot to work on, but my shooting is already much improved.

If you know these guys, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't know them, you should. Thanks ACT.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the feedback and kind words, sir! Thank you also for conducting yourself in a safe manner on the range. It's expected, but I appreciate it when it happens anyway.

I have to say that we were able to progress rapidly because you were an excellent student. I know some may think this is some kind of mutual admiration society here, but some people learn more efficiently than others. Trusting and following instructions really, really helps the process as well.

If you have questions in the future, do not hesitate to ask. We're looking forward to seeing you in more of our classes as well as having you join us in some matches.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Root,
    I've never met the gentlement from ACT in person, but somehow I expected to find what you've experienced. My wife and I will attend ACT's Basic Pistol course on July 11 and a Defensive Pistol course in September.
    Your report is very encouraging!
    Thanks.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Root,

Thanks for the kind words. I will echo the Rhino you were a good student; smart, open minded and very coachable. Looking forward to working with you again and seeing you at some matches.

Folks we take the Adapative part of our name very seriously. Give us the chance to assist you.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'll add another thumbs up and recommend ACT. I've been to three of their sessions and received excellent value in each. In one, I felt very much over my head, but I let them know and they were quite willing to give me the extra help that I needed.

Highly recommended. :yesway:

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Do you guys have a website? I am new to the forum so dont know much/anything about ACT. I would loveto take a class or two, you can never learn too much!! thanks

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Thanks!! Looks like really good pricing. i bookmarked the page and i hope we can work together this summer or sometime soon!

Top Bottom